Last Update: 5th October 2020
What is Longgong Cave?
Located around 30 kilometers from Huangguoshu Waterfall, Longgong Cave covers an area of 60 square kilometers with the core tourist area of 18 square kilometers. Featuring karst landscape, the area is composed of caves, valleys, waterfalls, rivers, stone forests, underground rivers, etc.
Longgong Cave Fast Facts
- Chinese Name: Longgong (龙宫)
- Area: 60 square kilometers
- Things to do there: Photography, Hiking, Adventure, Nature, Culture, Cruise
- Who visits: Photographers, Nature Lovers, Adventure Enthusiasts, Culture Lovers
- Time required: 3 – 4 x hours
Interested in visiting the Longgong Cave on a Guizhou Tour?
What to expect at Longgong Cave
Longgong Cave offers the largest plant landscape with the shape of the Chinese Character of “龙” in the scenic area. You’ll see the largest and longest water caves there in China. With the length of 840 meters, the first cave features five halls with stunning stalagmites and stalactites in different appearances to explore. You’ll discover the cave and enjoy the Chinese interpretation on the boat on the underground river in the cave.
After visiting the first cave, hike along the trail and board the boat again to explore the second water cave. With 4 halls, the cave is just 420 meters long. The views in the cave are not so amazing as those in the first cave.
There is the largest waterfall in the cave as well. And it is worth exploring the Avalokitesvara Cave named after a natural stalactite resembling the Avalokitesvara. The stalactite is around 50 meters tall. Xuantang Scenic Area is the place where plant landscape with the shape of the traditional Chinese Character of “龙” is situated.
Between late March and late April, the rape flowers there make for gorgeous views. From late July and early September, you’ll be amazed at the golden rice views. If interested, you can pay a visit to small ethnic minority villages nearby to get acquainted with their traditions and customs.
Best time to visit Longgong Cave
If you don’t want to be surrounded by the crowd, the best time to visit is in the morning.
The best months to visit are from April to October.
How to get to Longgong Cave
You can take a direct bus from Anshun West Bus Station (安顺客车西站) to the cave or just rent a vehicle to the cave from Anshun or Guiyang.
Additional Longgong Cave Advice
- Opening hours: 08:30 – 18:00 (March – October); 09:00 – 17:30 (November – February)
- As at 5th October 2020, the pass ticket for the area (including the entrance ticket and 3-ways shuttle bus) is 150 CNY per person; children between 1.2m tall (1.2m tall included) and 1.4m tall (1.4m tall not included) are charged 85 CNY per person; children under 1.2m tall (1.2m tall not included) are free of charge.
- As at 5th October 2020, the entrance pricing to the one-way lift is 20 CNY per person; the entrance pricing to the round-trip lift is 35 CNY per person.
- For the latest pricing information, please contact us via email (email@example.com)
- You could just take the uphill lift to the spot where you can take the boat to visit the first cave.
- If you are planning to visit the cave between May and June and the water level is a little high, you may need to line up long for the boat cruise.