Lingering Garden - originally built during the Ming Dynasty
Last Update: 14th October 2020
Covering an area of 23,300 square meters, Lingering Garden features the Qing Dynasty (1644 – 1912) style. The garden is well-known for its architectural art. Landscape gardeners employed diverse means of artistic expression.
Lingering Garden Fast Facts
- Chinese Name: Liuyuan (留园)
- Area: 23,300 x square meters
- Things to do there: Photography, History and Culture, Architecture
- Who visits: Photographers, History and Culture Lovers, Architects
- Time required: 1 – 2 x hours
What to expect at the Lingering Garden
Originally built in 1593, Lingering Garden was owned privately. Lingering Garden is composed of four parts. The east part is centered on buildings, the middle part is the landscape garden, the west part is the large artificial hill made of stones and earth while the north part has rural scenery to enjoy.
Lingering Garden offers 670-meters winding corridors and 200 ornamental perforated windows to appreciate. Behind the entrance to the garden lies a narrow winding corridor between two walls. At the other end of the corridor are perforated windows through which you can see the landscape in the middle part.
Best time to visit the Lingering Garden
If you want to enjoy a quiet environment, the best time to visit the garden is in the early morning.
The best months to visit are from April to October.
How to get to Lingering Garden
You can take Bus 85, 317, or Bus 933 to the Stop of Liuyuan (留园站). Alternatively, you can just rent a vehicle to the garden.
Additional Lingering Garden Travel Advice
- Opening hours: 07:30 – 17:00 (March 11 – October 31); 07:30 – 16:30 (November 1 – March 10)
- As at 14th October 2020, the entrance pricing to the garden is 45 CNY per person; children between 1.2m tall (1.2m tall included) and 1.4m tall (1.4m tall not included) are charged 22.5 CNY per person; the elder between 60 years old (60 years old included) and 70 years old (70 years old not included) are charged 22.5 CNY per person; the elder above 70 years old (70 years old included) and children under 1.2m tall (1.2m tall not included) are free of charge; For the latest pricing, please contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Please book the entrance ticket via Suzhou Tourism Official Account (苏州旅游总入口)on WeChat.
- Please present your passports to the staff at the entrance.