- Chinese Name: Lijiang Yeshi (丽江夜市)
- Location: Old Town of Lijiang
- Things to do there: Photography, Food, Shopping
- Who visits: Photographers, Foodies, Shopping Lovers
- Time required: 1 – 2 x hours
At Lijiang Night Market, you could try Sandieshui Course. The course is acclaimed as Man-Han Banquet of the Naxi People. It includes 6 big bowls of dishes, 6 small bowls of dishes and 6 plates of dishes. In the course, there are 18 dishes. Sandieshui is composed of desserts (candied fruits, rice pudding and fresh fruit in season and the like), cold dishes (salacl of dried pork liver and so on), and delicatessen (fried preserved pork ribs with rice noodles, fried roasted pork with Chinese chestnuts, etc.) Naxi Eight Dishes includes stewed chicken with black fungus and tofu, deep fried pork covered with egg, and powder, etc. In addition, you could also enjoy matsutake, morel, collybia albuminosa and other wild mushroom. You will also find Sichuan and Chengdu restaurants as well at Lijiang Night Markets. As is known, Yunnan crossing the bridge noodles is popular across China. If interested and brave enough, you could also try a variety of fried insects at the night market.
The Naxi female elders always sing the local Naxi songs and do the Naxi dancing, such as Datiao at the night market. The night market offers Naxi costumes and handicrafts. The oiled paper umbrellas and colorful neon lights make the night market more beautiful.
Sifang Street in the Old Town of Lijiang is a popular night market there. The street is lined with tens of snack restaurants. Xinda Street (新大街) is a combination of night markets offering various types of barbecue. The owners of the stalls are locals. They are always open from 19:00 to 24:00. Yushui Night Market (玉水夜市) is a paradise for photographers and foodies as it is decorated with amazing oiled paper umbrellas.
The best time to visit Lijiang Night Market is from 20:00.
The best months to visit are from April to October.
As the night markets are in the Old Town of Lijiang, you could take a bus or rent a vehicle to the old town. Then walk to the night markets. A few buses pass by the Old Town of Lijiang. Therefore, there are only a few options.
- Rent a vehicle from the City of Lijiang to the Old Town of Lijiang. This is the quickest and most direct option.
- Take Bus 12, 3 and Bus 21 to the Stop of Nanmen Street (南门街). Then, walk to the old town.
- Take Bus 2 and Bus 13 to the Stop of Old Town CarPark (古城停车场). Then, walk to the old town.
- Opening hours: 20:00 – 24:00
- Please take care of your valuables at the night markets.