Lang Toi – a feast for people’s eyes & soul
Last Update: 24th October 2020
The performance of Lang Toi – ‘My Village’ at the Hanoi Opera House mainly introduces the rural life of villages in Northern Vietnam through bamboo dancing, acrobatics and traditional folk music. It is performed by Vietnamese Bamboo Circus in the French building at 18:00 on schedule.
Lang Toi Fast Facts
- Name: Lang Toi
- Area: Hanoi Opera House
- Things to do there: Photography, Architecture, Traditions of Village Life in Northern Vietnam
- Who visits: Photographers, Arts Lovers, Architects
- Time required: 1 x Hours
What to expect watching Lang Toi
Lang Toi – My Village at Hanoi Opera House is a great combination of local traditions and innovation.
You could explore the theater before the show starts. Designed by 2 Frenchmen at the early 20th Century, the theater features the French Style in the 19th Century. To some extent, it has some characteristics of the Opéra Garnier de Paris. You may be deeply impressed by large wall mirrors, Corinthian columns and colorful dome with colorful murals and reliefs, T-shape white marble staircase with a red carpet in the center, and crystal chandeliers.
Vietnamese Bamboo Circus demonstrates the distinctive charm and beauty of villages in Northern Vietnam through different sizes of bamboo poles. You could get a little acquainted with farming, traditional games, building activities, lifestyle, etc in the region. Bamboo poles are creatively applied in acrobatics and circus by the performers. Plots changes to the folk music in the show.
Best time to watch Lang Toi
The show starts at 18:00 pm at Hanoi Opera House.
It is performed on schedule.
How to get to Lang Toi
Several buses pass by the Hanoi Opera House. Thus, there are several options.
- Rent a vehicle to the theater. This is the quickest and most direct option.
- Take Bus 2, Bus 34 and Bus 49 to the Stop of Đối Diện 6c Phan Chu Trinh. Then, walk to the theater.
Additional Lang Toi Travel Advice
- Opening hours: 18:00 on schedule
- As at 24th October 2020, there are several types of seating to take. For VIP Seating, the ticket is 2,100,000 VND per person; For W Seating, the ticket is 1,600,000 VND per person; For O Seating, the ticket is 1,150,000 VND per person; For A Seating, the ticket is 700,000 VND per person.
- For children between 1m tall (1m tall included) and 1.4m tall (1.4m tall not included), the children ticket for VIP Seating is 1,470,000 VND per person; the children ticket for W Seating,is 1,120,000 VND per person; the children ticket for O Seating is 805,000 VND per person; the children ticket for A Seating is 490,000 VND per person;
- For the latest pricing and schedule information, please contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Please enter the theater 30 minutes at least prior to the starting time of the show.
- Please keep quiet in the theater.
- Please take care of your children in the theater.