Kyoto Highlights 2 Day Tour
Join our team for this private 2 Day Walking Tour in Kyoto and visit the highlights in Kyoto with us! This tour is a perfect choice for visitors who’d like to see Kyoto in-depth – during the tour, visitors will visit famous sites in Kyoto including Kiyomizu Temple, Kinkaku-ji temple, enjoy the quiet and peaceful moment in the Bamboo Forest in Arashiyama, discover Heian Shrine and more!
- Explore Nishiki Market which is known as the best traditional food market in Kyoto;
- Relax in the magnificent Bamboo Forest in Arashiyama and enjoy the peaceful moment;
- Discover the important and historial temples in Kyoto (Kinkaku-ji Temple, Kiyozimu Temple, Ryoan-ji Temple, Ginkaku-ji Temple);
- Walking tour along the Philosopher’s Path (one of the most famous sites for viewing cherry blossom);
All times outlined below are approximates as the tour is a private tour, time is flexible & subject to change
Day 1 – Stay overnight in Kyoto
- 9:00 am: Meet at your Kyoto Hotel
- 9:15 am – 9:45 am: Visit Nishiki Market
- 10:15 am – 11:15 am: Explore Nijo Castle
- 11:45 am – 12:30 pm: Visit Kinkaku-ji Temple
- 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm: Lunch Break – lunch NOT included
- 2:00 pm – 2:30 pm: Discover Ryoan-ji Temple
- 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm: Relax and enjoy the calm environment in the magnificnet bamboo forest in Arashiyama
- 4:30 pm – 5:00 pm: Return to your Kyoto Hotel
Day 2 – Stay overnight in Kyoto/END OF TOUR
- 9:00 am: Meet at your Kyoto Hotel
- 9:30 am – 10:30 am: Visit Kiyomizu Temple
- 10:30 am – 11:30 am: Explore Ninen-Zaka & Sannen Zaka
- 11:30 am – 12:30 pm: Lunch Break – lunch NOT included
- 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm: Discover Heian Shrine
- 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm: Visit Ginkaku-ji Temple
- 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm: Relax walking tour on the Philosopher’s Path
- 4:30 pm – 5:00 pm: Return to your Kyoto Hotel/END OF TOUR
Classic Guilin Tour Pricing
(3 Day Private Tour)
1 x Person = 7,620 CNY per person
2 x Person = 4,500 CNY perperson
3 x Person = 3,465 CNY per person
4 x Person = 2,940 CNY per person
5 x Person = 2,630 CNY per person
6 x Person = 2,650 CNY per person
7 x Person = 2,495 CNY per person
8 x Person = 2,385 CNY per person
PAY 10% DEPOSIT TO CONFIRM TOUR!
Please note, if you’d like to find out the latest pricing for our Kyoto Highlights 2-Day Tour, please contact us directly.
The above Kyoto Highlights 2-Day Tour includes the following :
Tour Guiding Fees:
- Professional (Fully-licensed) English speaking tour guide;
- Please note, we don’t require ‘x’ amount to be paid by clients on a daily basis to tour guide/driver or force tipping. However, gratuities are greatly appreciated at the conclusion of tour by guide/driver only if service is excellent.
- Entrance Fees – please kindly pay for the tickets at the entrance (usually the cost is quite low);
- Public transportation cost during the tour;
- Flights, travel insurance and any other person expenses during tour;
Detailed Tour Itinerary:
Pre-Tour– Stay overnight in Beijing
Arrive into Beijing the day before your tour is scheduled to begin as the tour commences in the morning. Alternatively, we can also schedule the tour to being from Beijing Airport or Beijing Railway Station upon your arrival.
Day 1 – Stay overnight in Gubeikou Village
The tour will commence with an 8:00 am pick-up from your Beijing Hotel. Thereafter, we’ll travel to the Beijing Olympic Stadium and briefly visit whilst also purchasing lunch (takeaway) from Subway for a picnic lunch along the Great Wall later in the day. From the Olympic Stadium to the Jiankou Great Wall section it takes approximately 2.5 x hours to drive and you’ll expect to arrive and commence the hike at 11:00 am.
Upon departing from Jiankou, the first hour of hiking to reach the wall is completely uphill but once you reach the wall, you’ll have the opportunity to hike among the different towers.
This section of the Great Wall of China is usually very quiet so you’ll be rewarded with spectacular views, unrivaled scenery and almost no other people within the vicinity! From the first point, you’ll hike along the Great Wall with the entire day’s hike lasting for approximately 5 x hours with 10 kilometers of hiking from Jiankou to Mutianyu.
Aside from the original and restored sections of the Great Wall of China, visitors should also be prepared to hike among the bush-land, jungle and forest as this really is the Wild Great Wall section. Therefore, we’d visitors wear long pants for the hike to avoid any cuts or grazes from the off-track hiking.
After arriving at Mutianyu Section, you’ll notice a stark contrast with from the departure point with the original, old Great Wall, replaced by the restored section at Mutianyu. In the late afternoon, travel to Gubeikou Village where you’ll enjoy a local meal for dinner and stay overnight in a farmer’s guesthouse. Evening at leisure.
Day 2 – Stay overnight in Beijing/END OF TOUR
This morning, the tour will start at 7:00 am when our guide and driver will meet you at your Gubeikou Village guesthouse. You’ll travel to Jinshanling, enjoy a typical ‘farmers breakfast’ and commence the hike at 8:00 am. By starting early, it’s the perfect time to capture the views and scenery on camera as there are usually no other tourists at the Wall.
Today’s hike lasts for approximately 3 x hours (5 kms) and is from the Jinshanling section to the Simatai West section of the Great Wall of China. This particular hike offers incredible scenery, fantastic hiking and there are a number of different watchtowers along the wall, all varying in size, shape and structure.
You’ll arrive into Simatai West in the early afternoon, descend from the Kylin Tower area and return to Beijing. In Beijing, a hot pot lunch awaits where you can sample spicy (or non-spicy!) food before being transferred back to your Beijing Hotel to conclude the two-day hiking tour. END OF TOUR.