Kuanzhai Ancient Street - ancient Qing Dynasty street in central Chengdu
Last Update: 7th October 2020
What is Kuanzhai Ancient Street?
Located near the Changshun Street(长顺街), Qingyang District(青羊区), the Kuanzhai Ancient Street (宽窄巷子) throughout over 300 years is the last iconic cultural landscape in Chengdu. It has been witnessing the history and development of Chengdu for hundreds of years.
Kuanzhai Ancient Street Fast Facts
- Chinese Name: Kuanzhai Xiangzi (宽窄巷子)
- Area: 31.9 x hectares
- Things to do there: Chengdu Local Life, Chengdu Culture, Architecture Study
- Who visits: Chinese Culture Lovers, Chengdu Culture Lovers, Architects
- Time required:3 – 4 x hours
What to expect at Kuanzhai Ancient Street
The best time to visit Kuanzhai Ancient Street is between 08:00 and 10:00am. There are few visitors by 10:00am. The best months to visit is from March to May and from September to November as these months are not so cold or so hot.
How to get to Kuanzhai Ancient Street
The Kuanzhai Ancient Street is situated in downtown Chengdu. Therefore, there are several options.
- Rent a vehicle to the street. This is the quickest and most direct option.
- Take Bus 5, Bus 13, Bus 43, Bus 47, Bus 58, Bus 64, Bus 78, Bus 81 and Bus 163 to the Stop of “Jinhe Road”(金河路站) or Bus 62, Bus 70, Bus 93, Bus 163, and Bus 340 to the Stop of Upper Changshun Street(长顺上街站). And then walk to the street.
- Take Metro Line 4 to the Stop of Kuanzhai Xiangzi(宽窄巷子站). And then walk to the street.
- As the temple is under the administration of Leshan No. 2 Middle School, please contact the school ahead if you would like to visit it.