Kongzhong Tianyuan - the most stunning hiking path in Wulingyuan!
Last Update: 6th October 2020
What is Kongzhong Tianyuan?
Kongzhong Tianyuan is located 2 kilometers from the Tujia Minority village in Tianzi Mountian Nature Reserve, Wulingyuan Scenic Area. Its elevation is more than 1,000 meters. Underneath is the deep valley. Kongzhong Tianyun covers an area of 3 hectares.
Kongzhong Tianyuan Fast Facts
Interested in visiting the Kongzhong Tianyuan on a Tour?
Wendy Wei Tours offers a variety of different packaged tours as well as custom tours including Kongzhong Tianyuan, among other attractions and destinations. To find out more, please visit our Tours page or Contact Us directly to find out more.
What to expect at Kongzhong Tianyuan
As part of Laowuchang Scenic Area (老屋场) which is underdeveloped in Tianzi Mountian Nature Reserve, Kongzhong Tianyuan features old green trees and amazing cloud view especially after rain. Across the valley is Yuanjiajie Scenic Area. Climb up to the area, and refresh yourself in the nature. There are distinctive attractive appearances in 4 seasons at Kongzhong Tianyuan - green in spring and summer, golden in autumn and yellow rape flowers in winter.
Kongzhong Tianyuan was created by an indigenous resident who had been living in the scenic spot. He spent tens of years creating it. He also built a viewing platform there for visitors to enjoy the scenery from the best angle. As at 10th July 2018, the admission fee for enjoying the scenery at the viewpoint is 2 CNY per person; the admission fee for aerial photography at the viewpoint is 200 CNY for one time.
Best time to visit Kongzhong Tianyuan
If you are planning to visit Kongzhong Tianyuan for photography purposes, you can visit it around the year as it presents different stunning views in 4 seasons. Generally speaking, it is recommended that you visit it in April, May, September and October for the four months are not too hot or too cold.
How to get to the Kongzhong Tianyuan
Kongzhong Tianyuan is part of Laowuchang Scenic Area in Tianzi Mountain Nature Reserve. When you enter Tianzi Mountain Ticket Station you can take the shuttle bus with your pass ticket for Wulingyuan Scenic Area to Laowuchang. Then, hike up to Kongzhong Tianyuan. Therefore, you shall know how to get to Tianzi Mountain Ticket Stationat first. Zhangjiajie offers the tourists bus from Zhangjiajie Central Bus Station (张家界中心汽车站) to Tianzi Mountain Ticket Station (天子山门票站). Therefore, there are several options.
- Rent a car from Zhangjiajie airport, Zhangjiajie Train Station or Zhangjiajie Bus Station to the mountain. This is the quickest and most direct option.
- Take a flight to Zhangjiajie airport from Guilin, Beijing, Chengdu, Wuhan, Xi’an and other cities. Then, take Bus 4 or rent a car to the Central Bus Station to take the tourists bus. It takes 2 hours drive from the station to Tianzi Mountain Ticket Station.
- Take a train to Zhangjiajie train station from Guangzhou, Nanning, Shenzhen, Wuchang and other cities. Then, walk to the Central Bus Station to take the tourists bus. It takes 2 hours drive from the station to Tianzi Mountain Ticket Station. Alternatively, rent a car to the ticket station.
Additional Kongzhong Tianyuan Travel Advice
- Opening hours: 08:00 - 17:00
- As Tianzi Mountain is part of Wulingyuan Scenic Area which is composed of Zhangjiajie National Forest Park (张家界国家森林公园), Suoxi Vally Nature Reserve (索溪峪自然保护区)，Tianzishan Mountain Nature Reserve (天子山自然保护区), and Yangjiajie Scenic Area (杨家界风景区), visitors can enter the Tianzi Mountain Area from Tianzi Mountain Ticket Station with the pass ticket for Wulingyuan Scenic Area. The pass ticket is valid in four days from the date when you get it ( For example, if the ticket is issued at 13:00 on Monday 9th July, 2018, the ticket is valid by 13:00 on Friday 13th July, 2018). You could take a complimentary eco-friendly car with the pass ticket. With the pass ticket, you can visit all the four scenic areas mentioned above and can enter the Wulingyuan from one of five entrances at the five ticket stations.
- As at 6th October 2020, admission fee which is applied between March 1st and November 30th plus the Spring Festival is as follows. Admission fee to Wulingyuan Area is 248 CNY per adult (including the insurance); Children under 1.3m (1.3m not included) and the elders above 70 years old (70 years old included) are free of charge whilst these people are charged 68 CNY per person for the eco-friendly car(including insurance); Children between 1.3m (1.3m included) and 1.5m (1.5m not included) are charged 163 CNY per person(including insurance); The elder between 60 years old (60 years old included) and 70 years old ( 70 years old not included) are charged 168 CNY per person (including insurance)
- As at 6th October 2020, admission fee which is applied between December 1st and February 28th/29th is as follows. Admission fee to Wulingyuan Area is 126 CNY per adult (including the insurance). Notes: The area can be closed because of the snow in winter.
- It is recommended that you take an umbrella with you when visiting the Wulingyuan Scenic Area in Zhangjiajie.
- If you plan to visit the area in summer, you’d better take the sunscreen, floral water, sunglasses, band-aid and hats. Please remember to wear antiskid hiking shoes.
- During the National Day Festival of China, Spring Festival and the summer holiday, pricing for hotels and restaurants also goes up.
- If you stay overnight at Dingxiangrong Village (丁香榕村) for the sunrise at Laowuchang and would like to enjoy the view at Kongzhong Tianyuan, it takes about 1 hour hike to Kongzhong Tianyuan from the village.
- The ticket offices of most scenic spots offer luggage storage service.
- Be sure not to explore the areas marked with "No Passing" and "Dangerous" .
- The mountain road is wet and slippery in rainy days. In addition, rain and fog can also lead to unclear sight. Thus, it is not suggested that you risk climbing the mountain in the rain.