What is the Jinzhu Zhuang Village?
Compared to Ping An Village and Dazhai Village in Longji Rice Terraces, Jinzhu Zhuang Village is the least popular. Therefore, the traditions and customs of Zhuang People are better preserved there to some extent.
- Chinese Name: Jinzhu zhuangzhai (金竹壮寨)
- Area: 5 hectares
- Things to do there: Photography, Hiking, Adventure, Culture
- Who visits: Photographers, Nature Lovers, Adventure Enthusiasts, Culture Lovers
- Time required: 1 – 2 hours
What to expect at the Jinzhu Zhuang Village
You may appreciate the different dancing show. Local ladies wear a straw mask and tie straw skirt around the waist to present the baptism dance in ancient times which was performed at the adult ceremony for Zhuang girls. Shoulder Pole Dance demonstrates the procedures from transplanting rice seedlings, harvesting the ripe rice, to threshing and thrashing the rice. At the dancing and singing square, villagers also present the Shigong Ritual Dance, one-of-a-kind wedding ceremony and interesting game of throwing the silk ball.
If you are lucky enough, you’ll see local men villagers building the stilted house through the traditional way with wood in the village. Although no iron nail is employed in the construction, the house still stands firmly on the ground. In addition, you can also try watery wine, local cooked bamboo chicken, bamboo rice and green vegetables in the village.
The best time to visit Jinzhu Zhuang Village is in the morning.
The best months to visit are from April to October.
- Opening hours: 24 hours.
- As it is located in Longji Rice Terraces Scenic Area, you’d need to pay for the entrance pricing to the area.
- As at 5th October 2020, the entrance pricing to the terraces (excluding the shuttle bus in the area) is 80 CNY per person; children under 1.2m tall (1.2m tall not included) are free of charge; children between 1.2m tall (1.2m tall included) and 1.4m tall (1.4m tall not included) are charged 40 CNY per person.
- As at 5th October 2020, the entrance ticket for the one-way shuttle bus in the Longji Rice Terraces Scenic Area is 20 CNY per person; the entrance ticket for the round-trip shuttle bus in the Longji Rice Terraces Scenic Area is 40 CNY per person
- For the latest pricing information, please contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Please wear comfortable hiking shoes.
- Please take enough clothes with you if you are planning to visit in winter as it is colder than Guilin.
- Please take an umbrella with you in case it is rainy there.