Jinuo Mountain Village – the only village to thoroughly present the culture of Jinuo people in China
Last Update: 20th October 2020
Situated approximately 30 kilometers from Jinghong City, Jinuo Mountain Village was opened to the public on June 1, 2006. It’s aimed to let the public know the unique Jinuo culture from a variety of fields.
Jinuo Mountain Village Fast Facts
- Chinese Name: Jinuo Shanzhai (基诺山寨)
- Location: Jinuo Mountain
- Things to do there: Photography, Chinese culture, Adventure
- Who visits: Photographers, Adventure lovers, Chinese culture lovers
- Time required: 3 – 4 x hours
What to expect at the Jinuo Mountain Village
The Jinuo Mountain Village is set on Jinuo Mountain. It is surrounded by forests. Jinuo means the offspring of mother’s brothers. The Jino people are the minority directly transiting from the primitive matriarchal clan to the socialist society. Visitors are not permitted to visit the bedroom of the Jinuo people.
At the village, you could appreciate the one-of-a-kind Jinuo Drum Show, the demonstration of the Jinuo puberty rite, Welcome Guests Ceremony, Knife Mountain and Fire Dance Show, bamboo crafts demonstration, and much more which reflect the Jinuo culture. As the Jinuo Mountain Village is hidden in the tropical rainforest, you can also see many rainforest plants there. It offers a Jinuo Museum to visit as well.
The ticket for the village includes the entrance, snacks, Chinese interpretation, shows and fruits in season. If you could speak Chinese, the visit to the village will be more meaningful and unforgettable. Many tourists who have visited the village think services of the tour guide are great.
Best time to visit Jinuo Mountain Village
The best time to visit Jinuo Mountain Village is in the morning.
You could visit the Jinuo Mountain Village throughout the year.
How to get to the Jinuo Mountain Village
Jinghong Banna Bus Station offers direct buses to the Jinuo Mountain Village. Or you could rent a car directly to the village. This is the quickest option.
Additional Jinuo Mountain Village Travel Advice
- Opening hours: 09:00 – 18:00
- As at 20th October 2020, the ticket (entrance, snacks, Chinese interpretation, shows and fruits in season included) for the village is 160 CNY per person. Children under 1.2m tall (1.2m tall not included) are free of charge. For the latest pricing information, please contact us via email (email@example.com)
- As the village is in the rainforest, it is suggested that you bring floral waters with you in case there are some bugs in the forest.
- It is suggested to take an umbrella or raincoat with you as it could be rainy and sunny in one day in Xishuangbanna.
- Please wear the sunscreen scream and sunglasses
Interested in visiting the Jinuo Mountain Village on a Tour?