Jinji Lake - one of the tributaries of Lake Tai
Last Update: 15th October 2020
Covering an area of 7.4 square kilometers, the Jinji Lake is the only national AAAAA grade tourist attraction with business tourism characteristics in China. You can experience local culture, relax yourself through rich entertainment facilities or just walk around the lake.
Jinji Lake Fast Facts
- Chinese Name: Jinjihu (金鸡湖)
- Area: 7.4 square kilometers
- Things to do there: Photography, Culture, Cruise
- Who visits: Photographers, Culture Lovers
- Time required: 1 – 2 x hours
What to expect at the Jinji Lake
Suzhou Center along Jinji Lake has a high-end boutique supermarket, luxury boutiques, an IMAX cinema and a children playground to enjoy. The roof made of 6,957 pieces of stained glass looks like the stretched wings of the phoenix.
The music fountain at the lake combines more than 50 Chinese and foreign well-known songs with the changing light and shadows to make for great feast for eyes and ears. Along Li’s Causeway, antique covered bridges and stone bridges, plus green willows create stunning views, especially in March.
Designed by Paul Andreu, the Culture and Art Center covers an area of 150,000 square meters. The facade is like a large net lying by Jinji Lake. It is composed of a crescent tower and a pearl tower. It is home to Suzhou Ballet Theater, Suzhou Symphony Orchestra, Jinji Lake Concert Hall, Jinji Lake Art Gallery, the cultural hall, the cinema, etc.
Moonlight Dock, a high-end residence near Jinji Lake, offers European buildings to appreciate. You can find senior clubs, Western restaurants, and fashion pubs there. If you are a little tired exploring the lake, Eslite Bookstore is a good choice to take a rest.
The Ferris Wheel Theme Park is a good place to refresh your body. You can experience the exciting roller coaster, go-carting, and ghost ship. If interested, you can take the boat cruise to appreciate the views around the lake in daytime or at night. The cruise lasts for some 30 minutes.
Best time to visit the Jinji Lake
If you’d like to visit the lake for photography purposes, the best time to visit is at night.
The best months to visit are from March to October.
How to get to the Jinji Lake
Several buses pass by the lake. Thus, there are several options.
- Rent a vehicle to the lake. This is the quickest and most direct option.
- Take Bus 2, 47, 106, 108, 129, 156, 215, 219, 258, or Bus K2 to the Stop of Guoji Bolan Zhongxin (国际博览中心站). Then walk to the lake.
Additional Jinji Lake Travel Advice
- Opening hours: 24 hours
- Opening hours for the cruise boat at Moonlight Dock: 10:00 – 20:30
- As at 15th October 2020, tourists can visit the lake for free.
- The entrance pricing to the garden is 60 CNY per person; children between 1.2m tall (1.2m tall included) and 1.4m tall (1.4m tall not included) are charged 30 CNY per person; children under 1.2m tall (1.2m tall not included) are free of charge; For the latest pricing, please contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org)