Jin Mao Tower - the only Confucius Temple in Shanghai
Last Update: 8th October 2020
Located in the Lujiazui Finance and Trade Zone, 420.5-meters-tall Jin Mao Tower is the third tallest building in Shanghai. The Sightseeing Hall on the 87th floor is one of Shanghai’s famous high-altitude viewing platforms. Visitors can enjoy the scenery on both sides of the Pujiang River and the night view of Shanghai.
Jin Mao Tower Fast Facts
- Chinese Name: Jin Miao Dasha (金茂大厦)
- Height: 421 Meters Tall
- Things to do there: Photography, Architecture, Shanghai Skyline
- Who visits: Photographers, Architects, Travelers
- Time required: 2 – 3 x Hours
What to expect at the Jin Mao Tower
The facade of Jin Mao Tower is composed of large glass walls, which reflects amazing changing colors. The eight bronze murals at the lobby embodies the traditional Chinese calligraphy art. It reflects the evolution of China’s 5,000 years of civilization through the development and revolution of Chinese characters.
You can take the high-speed lift to the Sightseeing Hall on the 87th floor for the skyline and views of Shanghai. It takes only around 45 seconds to the Sightseeing Hall. At the hall, you can overlook the panoramic views of Shanghai at the height of 340 meters. It is recommended that you visit the hall in the late afternoon on sunny days when you can see the enchanting sunset. In the evening, you will be shocked at the stunning landscape at the Bud under the light.
There is a glass walkway outside the 87th floor, which is 340.6 meters away from the ground. The walkway is 60 meters long and 1.2 meters wide. It is the tallest outer walkway without guardrail in the world. Standing on the walkway, you can enjoy the panoramic view of Shanghai in 360 degrees.
Jinmao Grand Hyatt Hotel on the 52-86th floor is a super-luxury five-star hotel. The hotel atrium is decorated with dozens of circular corridors with the neon light. Looking down from the Sightseeing Hall on the 87th floor, you will find that the atrium looks like a time and space tunnel.
Best time to visit the Jin Mao Tower
If you are planning to visit Jin Mao Tower for photography purposes, the best time to visit is in the late afternoon when you can enjoy the amazing sunset and the night views.
The best months to visit are from March to November.
How to get to the Jin Mao Tower
There are a few buses near Jin Mao Tower. Therefore, there are a few options.
- Rent a vehicle to the tower. This is the quickest and most direct option.
- Take Bus 82, 85, 314, 795, 798, 799, 971, and Bus 992 to the Stop of Lujiazui (陆家嘴站). Then walk to the tower.
- Take Metro Line 2 to the Stop of Lujiazui (陆家嘴站). Then walk to the tower.
Additional Jin Mao Tower Travel Advice
- Opening hours: 24 hours
- As at 8th October 2020, the entrance pricing to the high-speed lift is 120 CNY per person; children between 0.8m tall (0.8m tall included) and 1.3m tall (1.3m tall not included) are charged 60 CNY per person; the elder above 70 years old (70 years old included) are charged 100 CNY per person; children under 0.8m tall (0.8m tall not included) are free of charge.
- As at 8th October 2020, the entrance pricing to glass walkway outside the 87th floor is 388 CNY per person. The duration is 20 minutes.
- For the latest pricing information, please contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Those who suffer from high blood pressure and heart diseases are not allowed to take the high-speed lift and walk on the walkway.