Jianchuan Museum - the largest Private Museum in China
Last Update: 7th October 2020
What is the Jianchuan Museum?
Covering an area of around 33.34 hectares, Jian Chuan Museum Cluster is situated in the museum town – Anren Town, Dayi County. Founded by the private entrepreneur Fan Jianchuan, it offers more than 30 museums with 29 museums open to the public. The halls present 4 topics, including anti-Japanese War, Age of Cultural Revolution, Folklore and Earthquake Relief Work.
Jianchuan Museum Fast Facts
- Chinese Name: Jianchuan Bowuguan Juluo (建川博物馆聚落)
- Area: 33 x hectares
- Things to do there: Photography, Nature, Hiking, Boating
- Who visits: Photographers, Hikers, Chinese Culture and History Lovers
- Time required: 5 – 6 x hours
Interested in visiting the Jianchuan Museum on a Chengdu Tour?
What to expect at the Jianchuan Museum
The Mainstays Museum(中流砥柱馆) is a must-visit there. With an area of 2,345 square meters, it displays the strong will of the Chinese people during the Anti-Japanese War through historical photos, data, physical objects, documents, tunnel warfare and land mine warfare and much more. The halls for the Age of Cultural Revolution present the then life, the then belief, and the then porcelain and the then commodity.
The museum for folklore offers visitors a great chance to know some old folk customs, such as Cultural Relics Museum for Sancun Jinlian which tells the historical process of ancient women in China from foot-binding to letting go, and shows the distorted aesthetic of feudal society. Covering an area of 1,382 square meters, the Museum of Flying Tigers and the Strongest Soldiers (飞虎奇兵馆) demonstrates the legendary experience of the Flying Tigers and General Chennault during the Anti-Japanese War, including their life and their fighting experience in China.
Best time to visit the Jianchuan Museum
The best months to visit Jian Chuan Museum Cluster is from March to May and from September to November as these months are not so cold or so hot.
How to get to the Jianchuan Museum
Jian Chuan Museum Cluster is located in Anren Town with developed transportation. Therefore, there are a few options.
- Rent a vehicle from Chengdu. This is the quickest and most direct option.
- Take a direct bus to the Anren Town from the Chengdu Chadianzi Bus Station(成都茶店子车站), Chengdu Shiyangchang Bus Station(成都石羊场汽车站), Chengdu Shuangliu Bus Station(成都双流汽车站)
Additional Jianchuan Museum Travel Advice
- Opening hours: 09:00 – 17:30 (The museum is closed on the last day of the Chinese lunar calendar and tickets are not issued from 17:00).
- As at 7th October 2020, entrance pricing for all the opened museums is 60 CNY per person (valid in one day); entrance pricing for all the opened museums is 100 CNY per person (valid in three days); entrance pricing for one museum is 20 CNY per person (valid in one day); for the elder between 60 years old (60 years old included) and 70 years old(70 years old not included), 40 CNY per person is valid for all the opened museums in one day and 50 CNY per person is valid for all the opened museums in three days; for the elders above 70 years old(70 years old included), 20 CNY per person is valid for all the opened museums in one day and 25 CNY per person is valid for all the opened museums in three days; Children under 1.2m(1.2m included) are free of charge.
- The ticket pricing for the shuttle bus around the museum cluster is 10 CNY per person with unlimited taking. It runs every 15 minutes. Time for taking the bus: 08:30 – 17:30.
- For the latest pricing information, please contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The museum cluster offers English interpretation service: 220 CNY one time for the interpretation for 1-2 museums and 460 CNY one time for the interpretation for all the opened museums.
- As the cluster is very large, you can rent a bike if you enjoy biking.