Jade Dragon Snow Mountain Ski Resort - closest to the equator alpine ski resort
Last Update: 19th October 2020
Located at the eastern slope of Shanzidou (扇子陡), Jade Dragon Snow Mountain Ski Resort is the nearest natural alpine ski resort to the equator. At the resort, you could enjoy snowmobiles, snow tires, sleds and other snow activities. The resort is 1,000 meters long from west to east and 600 meters wide from north to south.
Jade Dragon Snow Mountain Ski Resort Fast Facts
- Chinese Name: Yulong Xueshan Huaxuechang (玉龙雪山滑雪场)
- Elevation: between 4,500 meters and 4,700 meters
- Things to do there: Photography, Mountaineering, Skiing, Geology
- Who visits: Photographers, Adventure Enthusiasts, Geologists
- Time required: 1 – 2 x hours
Interested in visiting Jade Dragon Snow Mountain Ski Resort on a Yunnan Tour?
What to expect at the Jade Dragon Snow Mountain Ski Resort
Jade Dragon Snow Mountain Ski Resort offers stunning natural beauty and the thrilling snow activities. At the resort, you could overlook the gorgeous Ganhaizi, Black Water River, White Water River, Cloud Fir Meadow, and Yak Meadow. The snow at the resort is clean. If you are interested, you could try the snow.
At Jade Dragon Snow Mountain Ski Resort, you will appreciate glaciers. The glaciers are aquamarine. If you stand on the eastern edge of the resort and look down, the upper part of the glaciers are covered with snow. The edge of the glaciers gives out green light while the middle is blue. The ski resort is a paradise for skiing lovers as well as photographers.
Best time to visit the Jade Dragon Snow Mountain Ski Resort
The best time to visit Jade Dragon Snow Mountain Ski Resort is in the morning.
The best months to visit Jade Dragon Snow Mountain Ski Resort are from November to March.
How to get to the Jade Dragon Snow Mountain Ski Resort
As the Jade Dragon Snow Mountain Ski Resort lies on Jade Dragon Snow Mountain, you need to get to the mountain first and then take a cable car to the park. You could take a direct bus at Yuhe Carpark (玉河停车场), Nanmen Carpark (南门停车场), the gate of Lijun Hotel (丽君酒店) and the entrance of Shuhe Ancient Town (束河古镇). You could get the ticket at No. 2 – 3, Zone C, Yuhe Corridor (玉河走廊C区2-3号), Lijiang Bus Central Station (客运中心站), and Gaokuai Bus Station (高快客运站). Or rent a vehicle to the mountain directly.
Additional Jade Dragon Snow Mountain Ski Resort Travel Advice
- Opening hours: 07:00 – 18:00 (the ticket is not issued from 16:00)
- Visitors are required to take a cable car of the Great Cableway to the resort.
- As at 19th October 2020, the entrance ticket for the cable car of the Great Cableway to Glacier Park is 182 CNY per person.
- The entrance ticket for the resort is 40 CNY per person.
- For the latest pricing information, please contact us via email (email@example.com)
- Please wear the sunscreen cream, sunglasses, hats and gloves.
- The Great Cableway to Glacier Park is the most popular among the tourists. Therefore, if you are planning to the park, it is suggested to get to the mountain earlier in case of the long queue for the cable car.
- If the weather on the mountain is extremely bad, the cable car could be closed.
- Please search if the resort is closed or not as it may be closed from December to January.
Interested in visiting the Jade Dragon Snow Mountain Ski Resort on a Tour?