Impression Lijiang - local performance with Jade Dragon Snow Mountain as backdrop
Last Update: 19th October 2020
Impression Lijiang Show is performed at the highest stage in the world. Jade Dragon Snow Mountain is the background. More than 10 ethnic minorities, such as Naxi, Mosuo, Yi, Bai, etc. in their costumes for local folk custom themed show present their emotions to the heaven, the earth, the people and the mountains through their unique singing and dancing.
Impression Lijiang Fast Facts
- Chinese Name: Yinxiang Lijiang (印象丽江)
- Location: Ganhaizi on Jade Dragon Snow Mountain
- Things to do there: Photography, Art, Lijiang Culture
- Who visits: Photographers, Art Lovers
- Time required: 60 x minutes
The outdoor stage is circular. It is a red three-dimensional stage with zig-zag ramps with a backdrop of the Jade Dragon Snow Mountain. The blue sky, white clouds, snow-covered mountains, red stage and the sunshine make stunning stage effects.
Hundreds of actors are local ethnic minorities’ villagers. They dance simple dancing. Impression Lijiang is composed of 6 episodes. Each demonstrates the local life. Episode 1 is called Tea Horse Road and Horse Caravan. The Naxi women walk with a basket on the back while the Naxi men dance the saddle dancing. This episode shows the industrious nature of the Naxi women and braveness of the Naxi men. Episode 2, Drinking to the Snow Mountain, shows the hospitality of locals in Lijiang. Episode 3, Paradise in the Heaven, presents that Jade Dragon Snow Mountain is a sacred mountain to the Naxi people through beautiful singing and dancing. In ancient times, many local lovers died for love on the mountain due to the disapproval of their love from their families.
You could appreciate a traditional dance of Naxi people – datiao- at Episode 4. Episode 5 Drum and Dance Worship the Heaven presents the awe of the Naxi people to the nature and the heaven. The sound of beating the drums shocks the Jade Dragon Snow Mountain. Actors always go to the audience to dance. The last episode is the blessing ceremony. At the foot of this sacred snow mountain, please cross your hands and put them on the forehead, look far at the location of Jade Dragon Snow Mountain, put one’s palms together devoutly, spread your arms, raise your head, and make your own wishes.
In low season, the opening hours for impression Lijiang are from 13:30 to 14:30. In peak season, the opening hours are from 12:50 to 13:50 and from 14:20 to 15:20.
The location for Impression Lijiang is Ganhaizi in the scenic area of Jade Dragon Snow Mountain.
- As at 19th October 2020, the entrance pricing to different types of seating for the show is as follow: 360 CNY per person for VIP Seat and 280 CNY per person for the common seat. Children under 1.2 meters tall (1.2 meters tall not included) are free of charge. For the latest pricing information, please contact us via email (email@example.com)
- Please wear enough warm clothes as the stage is in the scenic area of Jade Dragon Snow Mountain.
- It is required to purchase the entrance ticket for Jade Dragon Snow Mountain as Ganhaizi is situated in the scenic area. For the pricing of the ticket for Jade Dragon Snow Mountain, please check the related travel guide.
- Please get to Ganhaizi 20 minutes at least prior to opening hours for the show.
- Please take enough drinking water with you.