Huixian Wetlands – the largest primitive eco-wetland in the Guilin Area!
What are the Huixian Wetlands?
Huixian Wetlands Fast Facts
- Chinese Name: Huixian Shidi (会仙湿地)
- Area: 586.75 hectares
- Things to do there: Landscape Photography, Wild Plants and Wildlife Watching, Boating
- Who visits: Photographers and Adventure enthusiasts!
- Time required: 1.5 – 2 hours +
Interested in visiting Huixian Wetlands on a Private Tour in Guilin?
What to expect at Huixian Wetlands
Visitors to Guilin are amazed at the seemingly never-ending karst mountains and rivers that stretch for as far as the eye can see. Aside from the Li River Cruise when travelling to Guilin, visitors also enjoy experiencing the karst scenery up-close and even climbing some of the karst mountains!
Located some 30 kilometers from downtown Guilin, Huixian Wetlands offers a distinctive experience with its unique natural lakes, hundreds of shoals, an old canal, an old bridge with a history of over 1,300 years, natural rivers and hundreds of types of wildlife. The only one way to appreciate its beauty is to take a boat on the lakes. If you are lucky enough, you will encounter aquatic birds playing in/on the water or taking a rest in the grasses. Local villagers use boats to transport goods, poultry or livestock to the other end of the wetlands. As Huixian Wetlands is located alongside rural villages, visitors can also explore local life among the scenery.
Best time to visit the Huixian Wetlands
How to get to the Huixian Wetlands
- Rent a vehicle departing from either Guilin or Lingui County. This is the quickest and most direct option.
- Take a bus from both Guilin or Lingui to Huixian Town. Get off at the Crossing of Mudong (睦洞路口) . Then, take a local motorbike to the dock of Huixian Wetlands. The pricing for a local motorbike is less than 5 CNY per person as at 5th November.
Additional Huixian Wetlands Travel Advice
- Bring an umbrella and a wide – brimmed hat with you to prevent rain or the strong sunshine.
- Wear sunscreen.
- Take care of your camera and your cellphone when admiring the stunning natural beauty on a boat.
- Bring enough bottles of water and food with you if you don’t want to have lunch in a local farmer’s house.