Huaqing Palace - Famous Palace in Xi'an from the Tang Dynasty
What is the Huaqing Palace?
Located 30 kilometers from Xi’an City, Huaqing Palace is close to Terracotta Army. Many emperors in the Zhou, Qin, Han, Sui and Tang Dynasties built their palaces there. The palace is known for its unchanging hot spring resources, the historical allusions, the love story between Tang Minghuang and Yang Guifei, and the place where the "Xi'an Incident" took place.
Huaqing Palace Fast Facts
What to expect at the Huaqing Palace
Built at the foot of Mount Li, the Huaqing Palace offers the Tang Yu Tang Ruins Museum (Tang Yu Tang - where the emperors and the princesses took a bath in the ancient China), the site of the Xi'an Incident - Five Halls, Jiulong Lake and Furong Lake Scenic Area, Tangliyuan Ruins Museum and other cultural districts and the iconic complex, such as Feishuang Hall, Wanshou Hall, Changsheng Temple, Huanyuan and Yuwang Temple.
Visitors can explore the baths the emperors and the princesses in the Tang Dynasty used in the Tang Yu Tang Ruins Museum, Nüwa Goddess Taoist Temple, Laojun Taoist Temple, Beacon Tower, Shiweng Temple on Mount Li. Apart from these old buildings, visitors can appreciate the Song of Everlasting Sorrow Showin the Jiulong Lake Scenic Area demonstrating the love story between Tang Minghuang and Yang Guifei with the then history and culture and the Xi’an Incident Show which vividly presents the historical facts of the little-known history of the Xi'an Incident.
Best time to visit the Huaqing Palace
The best time to visit Huaqing Palace is in the morning as it is not hot during its opening hours. The best months to visit are from March to May, and from September to October.
How to get to the Huaqing Palace
Huaqing Palace is situated in the city of Xi’an. Therefore, there are some options.
- Rent a vehicle to Huaqing Palace. This is the quickest and most direct option.
- Take Bus 307, 914, 915, Lintong 101 and Tourist Bus 5(306) to the Stop of Huaqingchi (华清池站).
Additional Huaqing Palace Travel Advice
- Opening hours: 07:00 - 19:00 (March 1 - November 30); 07:30 - 18:00 (December 1 - February 28/29)
- As at 24th July 2018, from March 1 to November 30, entrance pricing is 150 CNY per person; from December 1 to February 28/29, entrance pricing is 120 CNY per person. Children under 1.2m (1.2m not included) and the elder above 65 years old (65 years old included) are free of charge.
- As at 24th July 2018, the admission fee for the round-trip cable car is 60 CNY per person; the admission fee for the uphill cable car is 35 CNY per person. Children under 1.2m (1.2m not included) are free of charge.
- As at 24th July 2018, opening hours (April 1 - October 31) for the first Song of Everlasting Sorrow Showare 20:30 - 21:40, please enter the theater from the Wangjing Gate (望京门) (West Gate) at 19:30; opening hours (April 1 - October 31) for the second Song of Everlasting Sorrow Showare 21:40 - 22:50, please enter the theater from the Jinyang Gate (津阳门)(East Gate) at 21:00. The entrance pricing is from 238 - 298 CNY at the common area; the pricing for VIP Seating is from 588 - 988 CNY. Children under 1.3m (1.3m not included) are free of charge.
- If it rains a little, Song of Everlasting Sorrow Showis on. The audience will get the free raincoat from the staff. If it rains heavily, the show will be canceled. In that situation, audience can return or change the ticket from the original payment channel.
- As at 24th July 2018, opening hours for the Xi’an Incident Show is at 11:00 and 15:00 every day. The show lasts for 60 minutes. The entrance pricing for the show is 169 CNY per person. Children under 1.3m (1.3m not included) are free of charge.
- For the latest pricing information, please contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The tourists centers in the scenic area offers the rental service for prams and wheelchairs.
- The scenic area offers the charged multi-language interpretation service, including English, Japanese, Korean, French, and Chinese. Visitors can consult the staff at the ticket office about the service.
- The scenic area offers free WiFi network.
- Only the guests staying overnight at the Huaqing Palace Resort & Spa can take baths in the scenic area.