Huanghucheng Great Wall of China - the only section of the Great Wall in the water
Last Update: 8th October 2020
What is the Huanghuacheng Great Wall of China?
Located some 70 kilometers from downtown Beijing, Great Wall of China (Huanghuacheng) is the only scenic area in Beijing Region that is connected to the Great Wall.
It offers stunning landscape alongside the Great Wall of China to explore. It was originally built on the ridge of the mountain in 1404, winding around Haoming Lake.
- Chinese Name:Huanghuacheng Changcheng (黄花城长城)
- Length: 12.4 x kilometers
- Things to do there: Photography, Architecture, Chinese Culture and History, Hiking, Boating
- Who visits: Photographers, Chinese Culture and History Lovers, Adventure Enthusiasts
- Time required:3 – 5 x hours
Interested in visiting the Huanghuacheng Great Wall of China on a Beijing Tour?
Visitors can also camp on the islet in the heart of the Haoming Lake. With green forests and flowers, the islet is equipped with fishing spots, docks for the cruise boats, and other facilities for entertainment. The mountain plank road winds through the hillside and surround around the lake. The plank road changes with the shape of the mountain. It is 2 kilometers long .
In addition, visitors can find 40 ancient chestnut trees in the scenic area. They are more than 500 years old and were planted by the soldiers between 1436 – 1576. several valleys in the scenic area offer comfortable surroundings for visitors to refresh themselves and discover nature. There are more than 10 types of entertainment activities to experience for visitors.
Best time to visit the Huanghuacheng Great Wall of China
The best months to visit Great Wall of China (Huanghuacheng) are from March to June and from September to November.
How to get to the Huanghuacheng Great Wall of China
There are several shuttle buses from Huairou District, Beijing to Great Wall of China (Huanghuacheng). Therefore, there are several options.
- Rent a vehicle to the Great Wall of China (Mutianyu). This is the quickest and most direct option.
- Take the shuttle bus (Route:怀柔 – 水长城) at Nanhuayuan Siqu (南华园四区) in Beijing. The first shuttle runs at 05:35am.
- Take the tourist shuttle bus at 08:30am at the Bus Hub Hall of Dongzhimen on Saturdays, Sundays and during the public holidays between April 1 and October 31.
Additional Huanghuacheng Great Wall of China Travel Advice
- Opening hours: 08:30 – 17:00 (March 16 – November 15); 08:30 – 16:30 (November 16 – March 15)
- As at 8th October 2020, entrance pricing (from March 16 to November 15) is 60 CNY per person; the elder between 60 years old (60 years old included) and 70 years old (70 years old not included) are charged 30 CNY per person; children under 1.2m (1.2m not included) are free of charge. For the latest pricing information, please contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Please take good care of yourself when you enjoying boating on the lake.
- It is not allowed to climb trees in the scenic area.
Interested in visiting the Huanghuacheng Great Wall of China on a Tour?