What is Huang Long Xi?
Situated in Shuangliu District and originally built in the Qin Dynasty (221 BC – 207 BC), Huang Long Xi is located 40 kilometers from downtown Chengdu. Most of the existing buildings in the town are the old ones originally built in the Ming (1368 – 1644) and Qing Dynasty (1644 – 1912). They are well-preserved by locals.
- Chinese Name: Huanglongxi Guzhen (黄龙溪古镇)
- Area: 50.4 x square kilometers
- Things to do there: Photography, Chengdu Culture, Architecture Study, Hiking
- Who visits: Photographers, Chinese Culture Lovers, Chengdu Culture Lovers, Hikers
- Time required: 4 – 5 x hours
If you are planning to visit Huang Long Xi for photography purposes, the best time to visit is between 08:00 am and 10:00 am or 21:00pm as there are few visitors during the two periods of time. After 10:00 am, countless tourists visit the town.
The best month to visit Huang Long Xi is September as there are fewer visitors in the town and it is cool.
There are several direct buses to Huang Long Xi Ancient Town from Chengdu. Therefore, there are a few options.
- Rent a vehicle from Chengdu. This is the quickest and most direct option.
- Take the shuttle bus from the Chengdu Bus Station of New South Gate(成都新南门汽车站) and the Chengdu Jinsha Bus Station(成都金沙车站) to the Huanglongxi Ancient Town directly.
- Take Bus 808 from the Chengdu Shuangliu Bus Station(成都双流客运站) to the Huanglongxi Ancient Town directly.
- Take Bus 821 from the Chengdu Huayang Bus Station(成都华阳客运站) to the Huanglongxi Ancient Town directly.
- Take Bus 69 from the Chengdu North Railway Station(成都火车北站) to the Chengdu Jinsha Bus Station. Then, take the shuttle bus to the Huanglongxi Ancient Town directly.
- Opening hours: 24 hours
- Admission fee: free
- The local food is always spicy. If you are not accustomed to spicy food, please let the waiters know it ahead.
- Please figure out the pricing for Sichuan Opera and tea with the waiters at the gate of the theater in advance.