Ho Chi Minh Museum Hanoi – museum dedicated to the life of Ho Chi Minh
Completed in 1990, the Ho Chi Minh Museum is built in French architecture and is one of the most popular spots in Hanoi. It offers a great chance to get a little acquainted with the life of Ho Chi Minh and his contributions to Vietnam through the precious exhibits.
Ho Chi Minh Museum Hanoi Fast Facts
- Name: Ho Chi Minh Museum Hanoi (Bảo tàng Hồ Chí Minh)
- Address: Bating Square , Hanoi
- Things to do there: Vietnamese History
- Who visits: Vietnamese History Lovers, Photographers
- Time required: 1 – 2 x hours
What to expect at the Ho Chi Minh Museum Hanoi
The exhibits on the ground floor introduce the history of the country from the colonial ear to the liberation of the country. The old clothes on display demonstrate the frugal spirit of Ho Chi Minh. The statues reflecting the hardship and the spirit of the Vietnamese people during the French Indochina war. The helicopter, tanks and other weapons applied in the war are also well-preserved in the museum.
In addition, the scene of President Ho Chi Minh’s office is restored in the museum. The simple wooden tables , chairs and bookshelves are in the original place. Near the exit of the ground floor is a shelf with a variety of books in different languages introducing the whole life of Ho Chi Minh.
Best time to visit the Ho Chi Minh Museum Hanoi
The best time to visit Ho Chi Minh Museum is in the morning.
You could visit the museum around the year.
How to get to the Ho Chi Minh Museum Hanoi
There are a few buses passing by the museum. Therefore, there are a few options.
- Rent a vehicle to the Bating Square. This is the quickest and most direct option.
- Take Bus 9 and Bus 18 to the Stop of Le Hong Phong. Then walk to the museum.
Additional Ho Chi Minh Museum Hanoi Travel Advice
- Opening hours: 08:00 – 12:00 and 14:00 – 16:30 (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday); 08:00 – 12:00 (Monday and Friday)
- As at 23rd October 2020, the entrance pricing to the museum is 40,000 VND per person. For the latest pricing information, please contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Please keep quiet in the museum.
- The museum offers charged English tour guide service.
- If you want to take photos, please consult the reception what parts are permitted to be taken photos.
- Please don’t wear shorts, skirts and slippers in the museum.
Interested in visiting the Ho Chi Minh Museum Hanoi on a Tour?