Harbin Ice Festival - world famous ice festival held in Harbin, China
Harbin Ice Festival features many kinds of exciting winter sports and amazing ice sculptures to enjoy. Bingxue Big World, ice sculptures in Stalin Park, Snow Sculptures Garden Party on the Sun Island, and ice lanterns in the Zhaolin Park attracts thousands of tourists every year.
- Chinese Name: Ha’erbin Bingxuejie (哈尔滨冰雪节)
- Starting date: the 5th of every January
- Things to do there: Photography, Ice, Adventure
- Who visits: Photographers, Adventure Enthusiasts
- Time required: 1 – 2 x days
In addition, winter swimming competitions, ice hockey competitions, snowfield football competitions, alpine skiing invitational tournaments, ice sculpture competitions, ice skating competitions, ice and snow photography exhibitions, book exhibitions, ice and snow film art festivals, and ice weddings are highlights of the festival.
Snow Sculptures Garden Party on the Sun Island lasts for 60 – 70 days. You’ll find exquisite breathtaking sculptures there. You can experience the ice swing ans stroll around the ice castle in Bingxue Big World. The castle in colorful lights is a feast for eyes. You can use an ice cup to drink beer, which is distinctive experience. Most of the entertainment facilities are made of ice.
Best time to visit Harbin Ice Festival
If you’d like to visit the festival for photography purposes, the best time is at night.
The festival starts from the 5th of January every year.
How to get to Harbin Ice Festival
A few buses pass by the tower. Thus, there are a few options.
- Rent a vehicle to the tower. This is the quickest and most direct option.
- Take Bus 7, 24, 71, 112 or Bus 209 to the Stop of Long Ta (龙塔站). Then walk to the tower.
Additional Harbin Ice Festival Travel Advice
- The festival starts from the 5th of January and lasts for at least 40 days every year.
- Please wear enough warm clothes in Harbin during the festival.