Hang Da Market – a small local market in Hanoi
Last Update: 24th October 2020
Hang Da Market is very popular among locals but not well-known among tourists in Hanoi. It offers all sorts of food, clothes and other types of stores to explore.
Hang Da Market Fast Facts
- Name: Hang Da Market
- Things to do there: Photography, Food, Vietnamese Specialties and Handicrafts
- Who visits: Photographers, Shopping Lovers
- Time required: 1 x Hour
What to expect at the Hang Da Market
The 3-storey Hang Da Market features various kinds of shops to visit. Hang Da means “Leather” in English. You’ll find food, beverage, clothes, flowers and jewelries in the market. Food sold there includes meat, beef, fish, poultry and plenty of fruits and vegetables.
Surprisingly, you may find second-hand goods on the second floor, such as coats, dresses, and skirts. Though, the second-hand ones are in good condition. Be sure to bargain with the vendors there for what you are interested to purchase. You also could find some handicrafts made in China.
The third floor offers new clothes in all sizes most of which are imported from other countries and regions, such as Japan, Europe, Korea and even the US. The Vietnamese traditional long dresses “Ao Dai” has its own shop there. The brand features beautiful silk dresses with high quality.
Best time to visit the Hang Da Market
The best time to visit the market is in the morning.
You could visit the market around the year.
How to get to the Hang Da Market
A few buses pass by Hang Da Market. Thus, there are several options.
- Rent a vehicle to the market. This is the quickest and most direct option.
- Take Bus 23 and Bus 18 to the Stop of Trường Thcs Thăng Long – 167 Phùng Hưng. And walk to the market.
- Take Bus 1 to the Stop of 28a-30 Đường Thành (Đ/Diện Nhà 61). Then, walk to the market.
Additional Hang Da Market Travel Advice
- Opening hours: 06:00 – 21:00
- Visitors can explore the market for free.
- Please take care of your valuables at the market.
- Please remember to bargain with the vendors for the items.