Haitang Park - perfect place for leisure and tasting local cuisine
What is Haitang Park?
Situated in the heart of Leshan, Haitang Park is popular with locals.Cherry-apple trees grows across the park. In spring, they are perfect for photographing. In addition, lots of locals enjoy themselves in the park at any time around the year.
What to expect at Haitang Park
Also known as Yu’erwan Park (渔咡湾公园), Haitang Park has been open to the public since May 2009. Visitors can appreciate beautiful cherry-apple trees from the early February to the early March. In addition, you can hike up the mountains in the park, and enjoy boating on the lake. Many locals like to sit and walk around the park to refresh themselves. You also can taste delicious local food in the park if interested. There are also some recreation facilities for children to play with.
Best time to visit Haitang Park
The best months to visit Wuhouci Temple is from March to May and from September to November as these months are not so cold or so hot.
How to get to Haitang Park
Wuhouci Temple is located in downtown Chengdu. Therefore, there are several options.
- Rent a vehicle to the temple. This is the quickest and most direct option.
- Take Bus 1, Bus 57, Bus 82, Bus 334 and Bus 335 to Stop of Wuhouci (武侯祠站)
- Take Metro Line 3 to the Stop of the Gaosheng Bridge(高升桥站). And walk to the Entrance D. Out of the entrance, walk for about 10 minutes to the temple.
- Take a direct bus from Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport, Chengdu East Bus Station(成都东汽车客运站), Kuanzhai Ancient Street(宽窄巷子), Du Fu Cottage(杜甫草堂), Jinsha Archaeological Site(金沙遗址), Chunxi Pedestrian Street(春熙路), Dujiangyan Irrigation System(都江堰) and Sanxingdui Site(三星堆遗址) to the temple.
Additional Haitang Park Travel Advice
- Opening hours: 24 hours
- Admission fee: free
- Please be careful when enjoy boating on the lake.
- Please take care of your camera or cellphone on the boat.