Great Wall Hiking Day
Hiking-themed tour along the Wild section of the Great Wall!
Join our team for this private hiking-focused Beijing Day Tour along the Great Wall of China! The Beijing Hiking Day Tour is a perfect choice for visitors looking to get off-the-beaten track, engage in some hiking along the Great Wall and enjoy the views during an active private Beijing Day Tour.
*based upon 8 pax private tour
- Explore and hike along the Wild Great Wall section located at Simatai West – moderate hiking (approx.3 x hours – 6 kms)
- Experience the partially restored Great Wall section located at Jinshanling (conclusion of the hike)
- Get some stunning photography opportunities along all sections of the Great Wall
- Enjoy a local meal at a farmer’s restaurant at the conclusion of the Great Wall hike
All times outlined below are approximates as the tour is a private tour, time is flexible & subject to change
- 8:00 am: Meet at your Beijing Hotel Lobby
- 8:00 am – 10:00 am: Transfer to Simatai West Section of Great Wall
- 10:30 am: Commence Hike along Wild Great Wall
- 10:30 am – 1:30 pm: Hike from Simatai West to Jinshanling
- 1:30 pm – 2:30 pm: Local Lunch at Farmer’s Restaurant in Jinshanling
- 5:00 pm – 5:30 pm: Return transfer to your Beijing Hotel/END OF TOUR
- All petrol/gas, van rental, highway tolls, parking fees & driver’s fees throughout entire tour route as above;
- All entrance tickets per the above activities requiring entrance fees;
- Lunch at farmer’s restaurant;
- Professional (Fully-licensed) English speaking tour guide;
- We have proposed a hiking – themed tour and so we haven’t included the chairlift/cable car within the pricing – this is an additional cost if required.
- Please note, we don’t require ‘x’ amount to be paid by clients on a daily basis to tour guide/driver or force tipping. However, gratuities are greatly appreciated at the conclusion of tour by guide/driver only if service is excellent.
- Accommodation, flights, travel insurance and any other person expenses during tour;
Detailed Tour Itinerary:
In the morning, your private tour guide and driver will meet you at your Beijing Hotel lobby. We recommend meeting a meeting time of 8:00 am based upon commencing the hike at 10:30 am. It takes approximately 2 x hours to travel from central Beijing hotels to the Simatai West section of the Great Wall of China.
The Simatai West to Jinshanling hike is considered to be the most spectacular option for hikers visiting the Great Wall of China. After a 40 minute initial uphill ascent, hikers will be amazed by the East-Five-Eye watchtower located at Simatai West. Therefore, continue the hike west towards Jinshanling. With over 15 watch-towers (with different shapes and sizes) along this section of the wall combined with incredible panoramic scenery, on a clear day the scenery is a photographer’s dream! You’ll be amazed at the views below and throughout this 3 hour hike.
Throughout the hike, you’ll have the option to stopover for photographs and enjoy the surrounding scenery on this historical landmark. Upon arriving into Jinshanling, you’ll descend the Great Wall at the Shalingkou section. For those active hikers seeking to walk further, there is an extra distance available (no additional fee) to continue for a further 30 minutes and descend at the Zhuanduokou section. Please communicate with your tour guide regarding your preferences.
Upon descent, lunch will be waiting for you, where you’ll enjoy a delicious lunch at a local farmer’s restaurant. There are a number of different dishes and food available so if you have any dietary restrictions or food preferences, please let us know so we can prepare accordingly. Following lunch, return transfer to your Beijing hotel to conclude the tour. END OF TOUR.