First Strategic Post - one of the famous mountain ranges in China
Last Update: 17th October 2020
Located in the south of Hexi Corridor, the Qilian Mountains are 800 kilometers long from east to west in Qinghai and 100-200 kilometers wide from north to south. It is composed of several mountain ranges stretching from northwest to southeast and several great valleys. Qilian Mountains is situated in the deep virgin forest. You will see rare plants and wild animals there, such as spruce, cypresses, Saussurea involucrate, etc.
First Strategic Post Fast Facts
- Chinese Name: Tianxia Diyidun(天下第一墩)
- Height: 8.3 x meters
- Things to do there: Photography, Hiking, Nature
- Who visits: Photographers, Nature Lovers, Adventure Enthusiasts
- Time required: 1 – 2 x hours
What to expect at the First Strategic Post
At the First Strategic Post Scenic Area, you will be shocked at the wisdom of the Chinese people in the ancient times when watching the First Strategic Post. You will feel the tininess of the human being when standing in the endless desert.
You can experience the spirit of the soldiers who fought against the invaders in the ancient time through the sculptures standing in the desert. If interested, you can enjoy ziplining across Taolai River. If you want to know more about the post, it is suggested that you visit the Historical and Cultural Experience Museum of the First Beacon Tower of the Great Wall before exploring the First Strategic Post. The museum will let you know the history of the post. In addition, you can explore the biological fossils in it.
Best time to visit the First Strategic Post
If you are planning to visit First Strategic Post for photography purposes, the best time to visit is during the sunset.
The best months to visit are from May to October.
How to get to the First Stategic Post
There is no direct bus from Jiayuguan to the First Strategic Post. Therefore, the only option is to rent a vehicle.
Additional First Strategic Post Travel Advice
- Opening hours: 08:30 – 20:00 (May – October); 08:30 – 18:00 (November – April)
- As at 17th October 2020, from November to April, the entrance pricing to the First Strategic Post is 11 CNY per person; from May to October, the entrance pricing is 22 NCY per person; the entrance pricing to the shuttle bus is 12 NCY per person. You can also get the combo ticket for Jiayuguan Fort, the Great Wall at Jiayuguan Pass, the First Strategic Post, Great Wall Museum and the Overhanging Great Wall. From November to April, the entrance pricing for the combo ticket is 100 NCY per person; from May to October, the entrance pricing for the combo ticket is 120 NCY per person. For the latest pricing information, please contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Please take enough warm clothes even in summer as the wind in Jiayuguan is heavy.
- Please check out the weather forecast beforehand as sometimes the sand storm comes by Jiayuguan City.
- Please wear the sunscreen cream and sun glasses even in winter.
- Please take body lotion, lip balm, and hand cream as it is always dry in Jiayuguan.
- Please take enough drinking water with you.
Interested in visiting the First Strategic Post on a Tour?