Du Fu Cottage - the best preserved former residence of Du Fu
Last Update: 7th October 2020
What is the Du Fu Cottage?
Du Fu Cottage is located No. 37, Qingyang District, Chengdu. It is the former residence for Du Fu who was a famous and great poet in the Tang Dynasty(618 – 907). During the 4-year-stay in the cottage, he had created more than 240 poets. Covering an area of some 20 hectares, the existing Du Fu cottage features the layout in the Jiaqing Period (1796 – 1820) in the Qing Dynasty (1644 – 1912).
Du Fu Cottage Fast Facts
- Chinese Name: Dufu Caotang (杜甫草堂)
- Area: approx.2 x hectares
- Things to do there: Tang Dynasty Literature Study, Du Fu’s Poets, Photography
- Who visits: Poets Lovers, Tang Dynasty Literature Lovers, Photographers
- Time required: 2 – 3 x hours
What to expect at the Du Fu Cottage
Best time to visit Du Fu Cottage
The best time to visit Du Fu Cottage is by 10:00am in the morning as there are few tourists there.
The best months to visit is from March to May and from September to November as these months are not so cold or so hot.
Du Fu Cottage is located in downtown Chengdu. Therefore, there are several options.
- Rent a vehicle to the cottage. This is the quickest and most direct option.
- Take Bus 19, Bus 35, and Bus 58 and Bus 82 to the cottage.
- Take Metro Line 2 to the Stop of Chengdu University of TCM & Sichuan Provincial People’s Hospital(中医大省医院站). Then, transfer to Bus 58 to the Stop of Du Fu Cottage(杜甫草堂站).
- Take Metro Line 4 to the Stop of North Cottage Road(草堂北路站). Then, walk to the north gate of the cottage at No. 37 on the Qinghua Road(青华路).
- Opening hours: May 1st – September 31st : 08:00 – 20:00 (the tickets are not issued from 19:00); October 1st – April 30th : 08:00 – 18:30 (he tickets are not issued from 17:30)
- As at 7th October 2020, entrance pricing for the cottage is 60 CNY per adult; The elders above 60 years old (60 years old included) are free of charge; The children under 1.3m (1.3m included) are free of charge; 30 CNY per person is for the children between 6 years old (6 years old not included) and 18 years old (18 years old included). For the latest pricing information, please contact us via email (email@example.com)
- The museum offers charged English interpretation service: 150 CNY one time for the group of 1 – 5 persons; 200 CNY one time for the group of 6 – 10 persons; 250 CNY one time for the group of 11 – 15 persons; 300 CNY one time for the group of 16 – 20 persons; 350 CNY one time for the group of 21 – 30 persons; Duration for interpretation services: 1 hour. Interpretation service hours: 08:30 – 17:30.
- Don’t talk loudly in the cottage.
- Please don’t answer the call in the hall.
- Please don’t sit down on the lawn.