Downed Aircraft Memorial – the B52 Downed Aircraft Memorial
Last Update: 24th October 2020
B-52 Lake Huu Tiep Lake is the spot where the remains of a B-52 bomber has been for 50 years. The bomber applied by the American Army in the Vietnam War was shot down by the Vietnamese people in 1972.
Downed Aircraft Memorial Fast Facts
- Name: Huu Tiep Lake
- Location: Ngõ 55 – Hoàng Hoa Thám, Ngọc Hồ, Ba Đình, Hà Nội
- Things to do there: Photography, Vietnamese History
- Who visits: Photographers, History Lovers
- Time required: 30 x minutes
What to expect at the Downed Aircraft Memorial
The Downed Aircraft Memorial tells the cruelty of the war and presents the brave spirit of the Vietnamese people. The inscriptions silently tell the history. If you know some about the Vietnam War, you may acquire a deeper feeling about the war when you see the wreckage of B-52 at the Huu Tiep Lake.
Best time to visit the Downed Aircraft Memorial
The best time to visit Downed Aircraft Memorial is in the morning.
You could visit the memorial around the year
How to get to Downed Aircraft Memorial
A few buses pass by the lake. Thus, there are just a few options.
- Rent a vehicle to the lake. This is the quickest and most direct option.
- Take Bus 9 to the Stop of 91-93 Lê Hồng Phong. Then, walk to the lake.
- Take Bus 32 to the Stop of Bến Xe Kim Mã – Đối Diện 168e Kim Mã. Then, walk to the lake.
Additional Downed Aircraft Memorial Travel Advice
- Opening hours: 24 hours
- Tourists can visit the lake for free.
- Please wear sunglasses with you.
Interested in visiting Downed Aircraft Memorial on a Tour?