Dongfanghong Square - popular place for leisure & parent-child activities
Located on Qingyang Road, Chengguan District, Lanzhou, Dongfanghong Square is the largest urban central square along the Western Silk Road with a long history. The square features profound cultural heritage and developed business.
- Chinese Name: Dongfanghong Guangchang (东方红广场)
- Area: 5 x hectares
- Things to do there: Photography, Shopping, Hiking
- Who visits: Photographers, Adventure Enthusiasts, Hikers
- Time required: 2 – 3 x hours
If interested, you can wander through the underground shopping mall. Besides some luxury articles, you can also find the local handicrafts there.
Best time to enjoy the Dongfanghong Square
If you would like to feed the doves, the best time to visit Dongfanghong Square is during the daytime. If you are interested to enjoy the dancing by the elders, the best time to visit is in the evening.
The best months to visit the square are from April to October.
How to get to the Dongfanghong Square
There are several buses passing by the square. Therefore, there are several options.
- Rent a vehicle to the square. This is the quickest and most direct option.
- Take Bus 2, 9, 56, 117, 142, 144 and Bus 302 to the Stop of Guangchang Nankou (广场南口站).
Additional Dongfanghong Square Travel Advice
- Opening hours: 24 hours.
- Admission fee: free
- Please take care of your valuables and your kids when feeding the doves at the square.
Interested in visiting the Dongfanghong Square on a Tour?