Daqikong - incredible forests, mountains, valleys, underground lakes and rivers
Last Update: 10th November 2019
What is Daqikong?
Located 25 kilometers from 25 kilometers and 3 kilometers from the east gate of Xiaoqikong Scenic Area, Daqikong features the one-of-a-kind karst valleys, primitive forests and other natural beauty.
Daqikong Fast Facts
Interested in visiting Daqikong on a Tour?
Wendy Wei Tours offers a variety of different packaged tours as well as custom tours including Daqikong, among other attractions and destinations. To find out more, please visit our Tours page or Contact Us directly to find out more.
What to expect at Daqikong
Daqikong offers the old Big Holes Bridge built in 1850. Its name got from the bridge. Visitors can explore a natural karst bridge. The bridge is 60 meters high and more than 10 meters thick.
Walk under the bridge and you will find huge stalactites hung above your head. Green bushes grow in the cliff of the bridge. Visitors can explore the underground lakes and rivers on a boat. In addition, visitors can enjoy boating from the old Big Holes Bridge to appreciate the steep cliffs around.
Best time to visit Daqikong
The best time to visit Daqikong Scenic Area is from April to August. During this period of time, Daqikong Scenic Area offers the most breathtaking views more than any other time. However, visitors travel to Daqikong Scenic Area throughout the entire year.
How to get to Daqikong
The transportation network is getting better and better in Libo County. There are highways extended to Libo Scenic Area. Daqikong is a part of Libo Scenic Area. As Daqikong and Xiaoqikong are in the same area, there are a few options.
- Rent a vehicle from Guiyang or Libo County. This is the quickest and most direct option.
- Take a direct bus from Guiyang, Nanning, Liuzhou, Kaili, Chongqing, Guangzhou and Duyun to Libo County. Then, take a local bus from Libo Bus Station (荔波客运站) or rent a taxi to Xiaoqikong Scenic Area. The first bus departs from the station at 7:00am. Finally, take the shuttle bus from Xiaoqikong to Daqikong.
- Fly to Libo from Beijing, Sanya, Fuzhou, Zhengzhou, Kunming, Harbin, Hangzhou, Qingdao, Wuhan, Shanghai, Jinan, Xi’an, Xiamen, Tianjin, Chengdu, Guiyang, Guangzhou, Nanning, Chongqing, Changsha, Haikou, Lanzhou, Hefei and Dalian. Then, take the airport shuttle bus to Libo County. Take a local bus or rent a taxi to Xiaoqikong Scenic Area. Finally, take the shuttle bus from Xiaoqikong to Daqikong
Additional Daqikong Travel Advice
- Opening hours: 7:30 - 16:30
- As Daqikong and Xiaoqikong is in the same Scenic Area, visitors get the pass ticket to visit Daqikong. As at 10th November 2019, entrance pricing to Xiaoqikong Scenic Area in the peak season is 130 CNY per person; entrance pricing to Xiaoqikong Scenic Area in the low season (December 1 - March 21) is 110 CNY per person; the ticket for the shuttle bus in Xiaoqikong Scenic Area is 40 CNY per person; the ticket for the cruise boat in Daqikong Scenic Area is 20 CNY per person. For the latest pricing information, please contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- It is recommended that you spend around 2 - 3 hours visiting Daqikong Scenic Area.
- As Daqikong and Xiaoqikong is in the same Scenic Area, it is suggested you visit the two parts in one day.
- Please take a raincoat or an umbrella with you and wear the sunscreen cream in summer