Crystal Cave Bama - a unique crystal cave located in China's famous Longevity area
Last Update: 5th October 2020
What is Crystal Cave Bama?
Located approximately 45 kilometers from Bama Town, Crystal Cave offers the growing stalactite, stone flowers, stone pillars, stone curtains, stone waterfalls, as well as crystal deposits, such as crystal flowers and the like. The 280-million-years-old cave offers countless incredible natural growing attractions to visitors to explore.
Crystal Cave Bama Fast Facts
Interested in visiting Crystal Cave Bama during a Nanning Tour?
Wendy Wei Tours offers a variety of different packaged tours as well as custom tours including Crystal Cave Bama, among other attractions and destinations. To find out more, please visit our Tours page or Contact Us directly to find out more.
What to expect at Crystal Cave Bama
Most of the visitors to Bama County are always interested to discover Bama Longevity Village, wanting to find out the reason why the villagers have a long life. In addition, Bama has a newly developed attraction which is getting more and more popular among locals and visitors. It is called Crystal Cave.
Crystal Cave is the only one cave with the growing stalactites in different shapes and the growing non-gravity crystal deposits found across China until now. It has been proven that the growing stalactites are over 300 thousand years old. The area open to visitors is about 1,500 long, 8 - 50 meters wide and 10 - 80 meters high. Crystal Cave offers 5 halls to visitors to discover. Once entering the cave, visitors will be shocked at the power of the nature. Its white and see-through stone flowers and stone hairs can offer visitors a one-of-a-kind experience.
Best time to visit Crystal Cave Bama
As it is very cold in winter in the cave, the best time to visit Crystal Cave is between the months of April to October. Especially in summer, visitors will feel very cool in the cave with its 'natural' form of air conditioning!
How to get to Crystal Cave Bama
As Crystal Cave is located in Bama County, there is no direct bus from Naning to the cave. Therefore, there are only a few options:
- Rent a vehicle departing from Nanning. This is the quickest and most direct option.
- If you depart from Nanning, please take a direct bus from Nanning to Bama. Then take a bus from Bama Bus Station (巴马汽车站) to Jiangzhou (江州) and get off the bus at Crystal Cave.
- If you depart from Bama, take a bus from Bama Bus Station (巴马汽车站) to Jiangzhou (江州) and get off the bus at Crystal Cave. Please note that as at 9th November 2019, there are 2 buses from Bama to Jiangzhou. One departs at 08:00am and the other one departs at 13:30pm
Additional Crystal Cave Bama Travel Advice
- Please visit the cave based on the visiting orders on the signs of the cave.
- Please stand on the blanket to visit the cave.
- You are not allowed to touch or even break or collect the stalactites. If one kilogram of stalactites is broken or collected by the visitors, you will be fined 10,000 CNY.
- It is not allowed to use flashlight when you take photos in the cave. Please take photos of the figures at the designated area. Please don’t shoot DV, series or movies unless you get the permission to do that.
- There is no restroom or smoking area in the cave. If you are found to smoke in the cave, you will be fined 200 CNY.
- You are not allowed to climb the fence. You must be responsible for your climbing and are fined 200 CNY.
- Babies are not allowed to visit the cave. Those who can’t take care of themselves should be accompanied by their guardians. The guardians shall be responsible for their behaviors.
- The road in the cave is narrow and wet. Please watch out during the visit.
- Please wear comfortable hiking shoes.
- Opening hours: 08:30 - 17:30.
- As at 5th October 2020, entrance pricing is 180 CNY per adult; children under 1.2 m (1.2m not included) tall is free of charge; entrance pricing for children between 1.2m (included) and 1.5m (included) tall is 90 CNY per person and entrance pricing for the elder above 60 years old (60 years old included) is 90 CNY per person. For the latest pricing information, please contact us via email (email@example.com)