5 Day Tour to the Classic Guizhou attractions!
oin our team for this 5 Day Guizhou Tour and adventure across a number of attractions in Guizhou Province. Our Classic Guizhou Tour includes a variety of different attractions within Guizhou Province including the Huangguoshu Waterfalls, Dong Ethnic Minority Villages and old towns. The Classic Guizhou Tour is the perfect tour for visitors looking to experience a little bit of everything during a tour!
*based upon 8 pax private tour
- Be amazed as you watch China’s largest waterfall – the Huangguoshu Waterfalls;
- Experience Guizhou Province’s incredible local cultures with a visit to some Miao & Dong ethnic minority villages;
- Find out and learn about the karst landforms that number in the thousands throughout this area;
- Go back in time at Guizhou Province’s incredible old town at Zhenyuan;
- Explore a diverse range of Guizhou’s different types of attractions;
All times outlined below are approximates as the tour is a private tour, time is flexible & subject to change
- 9:00 am: Meet at your Guiyang Hotel Lobby.
- 9:00 am – 11:00 am: Transfer to the Huangguoshu Waterfalls
- 11:00 am – 12:00 pm: Visit Tianxing Bridge & Scenic Area in the Huangguoshu Waterfalls National Park
- 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm: Lunch (not included)
- 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm: Visit & Explore the Huangguoshu Waterfalls
- 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm: Transfer back to Guiyang Hotel
- 6:00 pm onwards: Evening at leisure
- 9:00 am: Meet at your Guiyang Hotel Lobby
- 10:00 am: High-Speed Train to South-Western Guizhou Province
- 12:00 pm: Visit Basha Miao Ethnic Minority Village
- 3:00 pm: Transfer to Zhaoxing Dong Ethnic Minority Village
- 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm: Explore Zhaoxing with Local Performance
- 7:30 pm: Arrive at Zhaoxing Hotel/Evening at leisure
- 9:00 am (flexible): Meet at your Zhaoxing Hotel Lobby
- 10:30 am: Hike from Zhaoxing to Tang’an Village
- 12:00 pm: Visit Tang’an Dong Minority Village
- 1:00 pm: Visit ‘off-the-beaten track’ Dong Minority Village
- 4:00 pm: Transfer to Railway Station/High-Speed Train back to Guiyang with Private Transfer upon arriving into Guiyang
- 5:00 pm onwards: Evening at leisure
- 9:00 am (flexible): Meet at your Guiyang Hotel Lobby
- 9:30 am: Depart from Guiyang
- 1:30 pm – 2:00 pm: Lunch (not included)
- 2:00 pm: Arrive at Zhenyuan Ancient Town
- 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm: Explore Zhenyuan Ancient Town
- 4:00 pm: Transfer to Zhenyuan Ancient Town Hotel
- 5:00 pm onwards: Evening at leisure
- 9:00 am: Meet at Zhenyuan Ancient Town Hotel Lobby
- 9:00 am – 10:00 am: Visit Wuyang River Scenic Area
- 10:00 am – 11:30 am: Visit Black Dragon Cave
- 11:30 am – 12:30 pm: Lunch (not included)
- 12:30 pm: Depart Zhenyuan Ancient Town
- 2:30 pm – 3:30 pm: Visit Shiqiao Miao Village or Matang Ge Jia Village
- 5:30 pm – 6:00 pm: Return transfer to Guiyang Hotel:
- 6:00 pm onwards: Evening at leisure/END OF TOUR
Private Tour Pricing
(5 Day Private Tour)
1 x Person = 15,535 CNY per person
2 x Persons = 8,250 CNY per person
3 x Persons = 5,830 CNY per person
4 x Persons = 4,615 CNY per person
5 x Persons = 3,890 CNY per person
6 x Persons = 4,000 CNY per person
7 x Persons = 3,630 CNY per person
8 x Persons = 3,350 CNY per person
PAY 10% DEPOSIT TO CONFIRM TOUR!
- All petrol/gas, van rental, highway tolls, parking fees & driver’s fees throughout entire tour route as above;
- Driver’s Accommodation throughout tour;
- All entrance tickets per the above activities requiring entrance fees;
- Professional (Fully-licensed) English speaking tour guide;
- Tour Guide’s Accommodation throughout tour;
- For this private tour, no meals are included (unless mentioned) within the tour pricing but our guide will assist you with options and recommendations based on your preferences;
Please note, different cuisine is available based upon your specific preferences 🙂
- Please note, we don’t require ‘x’ amount to be paid by clients on a daily basis to tour guide/driver or force tipping. However, gratuities are greatly appreciated at the conclusion of tour by guide/driver only if service is excellent.
- Accommodation, flights, travel insurance and any other person expenses during tour;
Please note, for a selection of recommended Guizhou Hotels for you to book, please contact us directly!
Arrive into Guiyang the day before your tour is scheduled to begin or alternatively, activities/itinerary/day order can be changed to reflect your arrival time. The tour can also commence from Guiyang Airport/Guiyang Railway Station if preferred.
Day 1 – Stay overnight in Guiyang
In the morning, your tour guide and driver will meet you at your Guiyang Hotel Lobby to commence the tour. Upon arriving into Huangguoshu, the first attraction is the Tianxing Scenic Area – a scenic spot with various stone formations in different shapes surrounded by a beautiful forest. The Tianxing Scenic Area is only a short distance away from Huangguoshu, offering a nice spot to visit before the waterfall visit.
Following the visit to Tianxing Scenic Area, we’ll then transfer to the Huangguoshu Waterfalls. These incredible waterfalls have a height of 81 meters and are over 100 meters wide, making the falls Asia’s largest waterfalls. Aside from the falls, the surrounding scenery features various mountains, springs and a cave behind the falls.
Throughout this park, there are different falls and you’ll enjoy the afternoon exploring them based upon your preferences. In the afternoon at the end of your visit to the Huangguoshu Waterfalls, you’ll be transferred back to your Guiyang Hotel to enjoy the evening at leisure.
In the morning, your tour guide will meet you at your Guiyang Hotel Lobby and thereafter, travel to the Guiyang Train Station where all of you will board a high-speed train. The exact departure point and corresponding time is dependent upon train and ticket availability (which will be advised upon confirmation of tour). For reference, the train ride from Guiyang Railway Station to the South-Western Guizhou Province railway station takes approximately 1.5 x hours.
Upon arriving into South-Western Guizhou Province, your local driver will be meeting you to commence your exploration! The first stop in the itinerary is a visit to a nearby Miao Ethnic Minority Village. The village, Basha Miao Ethnic Minority Village, is a small hunter-gatherer village known as the last tribe in China with guns!
Visitors will explore the village and watch the local performance, which the villagers perform. This is a great insight into their traditional culture as well as a way to support the development/improve their living standards! The village has become more ‘developed’ over recent years so if you’re looking for a very remote and isolated village, please let us know instead as we can switch over the itinerary.
After visiting Basha, you’ll be transferred to Zhaoxing Dong Ethnic Minority Village. This is the largest Dong Ethnic Minority Village in China nestled in a valley between surrounding mountains and rice terraces. Zhaoxing Dong Village features drum towers, old houses and spectacular views (especially at night).
You’ll get the opportunity to explore the village, check-in to their hotel and enjoy the local performance followed by dinner. A walk up to the viewpoint to see the night views is also an optional activity (no additional fee) for those interested. The evening is at leisure in Zhaoxing Dong Ethnic Minority Village.
Day 3 – Stay overnight in Guiyang
Meet your tour guide in the morning at your Zhaoxing Hotel (meeting time is flexible and can be discussed with your tour guide). You’ll then further explore the Zhaoxing Dong Ethnic Minority Village. Thereafter, you’ll walk to the nearby Tang’an Dong Ethnic Minority Village – which features a scenic walk along the trails and with spectacular views overlooking surrounding Rice Terraces!
The hike from the Zhaoxing Dong Ethnic Minority Village to Tang’an Dong Minority village is uphill and a great option to explore the nearby vilages from Zhaoxing.
Following the visit to the Tang’an Dong Ethnic Minority Village, you’ll be transferred directly to an off-the-beaten track, Dong ethnic minority village. The village is very isolated and poor but everybody is very friendly and welcoming to outside visitors. In support of the local village, we arrange a singing performance as well as tour around the village itself, allowing you to experience something totally different from what Guiyang City and its surroundings has to offer.
Afterwards, you’ll be transferred to the railway station to board a high-speed train back to Guiyang, where you’ll arrive in the afternoon. Thereafter, private transfer from the Guiyang Railway Station to your Guiyang Hotel to enjoy the evening at leisure in Guiyang City.
Day 4 – Stay overnight in Zhenyuan
In the morning, you’ll meet your tour guide at your Guiyang hotel and depart for Zhenyuan Ancient Town. From Guiyang to Zhenyuan Ancient Town, it takes approximately 4 x hours. Zhenyuan Ancient Town is a 2,000 year old river town in Eastern Guizhou Province, east of Kaili.
Upon arriving at Zhenyuan, you’ll explore the old town featuring ancient buildings, bridges and architecture. Visitors will enjoy the afternoon and evening exploring Zhenyuan and its surrounding areas before spending the night at leisure with an overnight stay.
After breakfast, you’ll meet your guide at your Zhenyuan hotel lobby and commence the day’s activities. You’ll visit the Wuyang Scenic Area followed by the spectacular Qinglong (Black Dragon) Cave located in Zhenyuan.
Following lunch, depart Zhenyuan and on the way back to Guiyang stopover at either Shiqiao or Matang Ge Jia village, depending upon your preferences. The Shiqiao Miao Ethnic Minority Village is famous as a traditional paper-making village and visitors can still see this today. Alternativelly, the Matang Ge Village is one of the Ge ethnic minortiy villages within Guizhou Province. Thereafter, return transfer to your Guiyang Hotel to conclude the tour or be dropped off at Guiyang Airport or Guiyang Railway Station. END OF TOUR.