Chongzuo Leaning Pagoda–One of the Top Leaning Towers in the World!
Last Update: 5th October 2020
What is the Chongzuo Leaning Pagoda?
The ancient Chongzuo Leaning Pagoda stands on a small island called Aotoushan (鳌头山). The island is located in the middle reach of Zuojiang River (左江). The tower is situated 133 kilometers from Nanning.
Chongzuo Leaning Pagoda Fast Facts
- Chinese Name: Chongzuo Xieta (崇左斜塔)
- Height: 18.28 meters
- Things to do there: Photography, Landscape Photography
- Who visits: Photographers, Hikers, Architects
- Time required: 30 x minutes – 1 x hour
If you are planning to visit Chongzuo Leaning Pagoda for photography purposes, the best time to visit is during the sunset. The ancient pagoda, the river, the sunset and the sunset clouds create a stunning view for photographers.
How to get to the Chongzuo Leaning Pagoda
As Chongzuo Leaning Pagoda is in the Chongzuo Countryside, there is no direct bus from either Nanning or Chongzuo to the pagoda. Therefore, there are only a few options:
- Rent a vehicle departing from either Nanning or Chongzuo. This is the quickest and most direct option.
- If you depart from Nanning, take a bus from Langdong Bus Station (琅东客运站) and Jiangnan Bus Station (江南客运站) to Chongzuo. Then rent a local motorized pedicab to the pagoda viewpoint.
- You also can take a train from Nanning to Chongzuo. Then rent a local motorized pedicab to the pagoda viewpoint.
- As at 5th October 2020, visitors are not allowed to land on the small island and visit Chongzuo Leaning Pagoda in order to preserve the pagoda.
- If you are interested to photograph the amazing sunset along with the pagoda, please arrange your own transportation beforehand.
- Entrance pricing to the pagoda viewpoint is 5 CNY per person as at 5th October 2020. For the latest pricing information, please contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The pagoda viewpoint offers a free parking lot.
- If you visit the pagoda in the morning or afternoon, please wear the sunscreen cream to protect your skin.
- Please remember to take an umbrella with you in case it rains or the sun is strong.