Chongsheng Three Pagodas - within the largest Buddhist temple in South East Asia
Originally built between 824 AD and 859 AD, the Chongsheng Three Pagodas stand around 1.5 kilometers northwest of Dali Old Town. They are situated some 1,500 meters from the foot of the mountain. The pagodas include the Big Pagoda, also called Qianxun Pagoda with a height of 69.13 meters and two smaller pagodas in the south and north. The two pagodas are 42.17 meters tall.
Chongsheng Three Pagodas Fast Facts
- Chinese Name: Chongshengsi Santa (崇圣寺三塔)
- Architectural Style: Chinese Architecture
- Things to do there: Photography, Hiking, Buddhism
- Who visits: Photographers, Adventure Enthusiasts, Buddhist Believers
- Time required: 2 – 3 x hours
Interested in visiting Chongsheng Three Pagodas on a Yunnan Tour?
What to expect at Chongsheng Three Pagodas
The related cultural relics discovered in the three pagodas are on display in the exhibition hall behind the pagodas. You could explore the Buddhist relics, Buddhist scriptures, bronze mirrors, jade Buddha and crystal Buddha there. The Bell Pavilion offers a great chance to enjoy the views from the pavilion.
Larger than many of its kind, the main hall of Chongsheng Temple offers the unique sculptures to visit. The whole life of the Buddha is demonstrated through 18 patterns carved in 18 panelled doors. You could also find exquisite dragon sculptures in the scenic area of Chongsheng Three Pagodas. In addition, there is Pharmacist Hall, Eleven Faces Avalokiteshvara Hall, Arhat Hall with 500 gilded statues of arhats, God of Wealth Hall where you will find the 4-meters-tall statue of God of Wealth riding on a tiger and Emiment Monk Hall with the statues of the 9 emperors of Dali Kingdom (937 – 1094 and 1096 – 1253) who were monks.
You will find a spot where you could take the reflections of the three pagodas.
Best time to visit Chongsheng Three Pagodas
The best time to visit Chongsheng Three Pagodas is in the morning.
The best months to visit are from April to October.
How to get to Chongsheng Three Pagodas
You could take Bus 19 to the Stop of Santa Park (三塔公园) from the north gate of Dali Old Town or just rent a vehicle to the pagodas.
Additional Chongsheng Three Pagodas Travel Advice
- Opening hours: 09:00 – 17:30
- As at 20th October 2020, the entrance pricing to the park where the three pagodas stand is 75 CNY per person; the entrance pricing to the park and the shuttle bus is 110 CNY per person; children under 1.3m tall (1.3m tall not included) are free of charge. For the latest pricing information, please contact us via email (email@example.com)
- It takes around 30 minutes walk to the park from Dali Old Town.
- Please wear the sunscreen cream and sunglasses.
Interested in visiting Chongsheng Three Pagodas on a Tour?