China Art Museum - the former China Pavilion from the 2010 Shanghai Expo
Last Update: 8th October 2020
Located at No. 205, Shangnan Road, Pudong New Area, Shanghai, China Art Museum is a modern museum. It takes the basic functions of collection and custody, academic research, exhibition display, universal education and foreign exchange. The museum collects and exhibits art treasures which reflect the origin and development of modern Chinese art and represent the highest level of artistic creation in Chinese art.
China Art Museum Fast Facts
- Chinese Name: Zhonghua Yishugong(中华艺术宫)
- Area: 16 x hectares
- Things to do there: Photography, Architecture, Fine Art
- Who visits: Photographers, Fine Art Lovers, Architecture Learners
- Time required: 3 – 4 x Hours
What to expect at the China Art Museum
At China Art Museum, you will appreciate the multimedia version of the “Along the River During the Qingming Festival”. Since the closing of the 2010 Shanghai World Expo, the multimedia version of “The Riverside Scene at Qingming Festival” has been permanently on disply here. Today it is still a popular highlight at the museum. At the hall of “Over the sea the moon shines bright – The Source of Modern Chinese Art”, you can also enjoy the paintings of the “Sea Painting School” of China and the West.
In addition, you can admire various works of art by modern Chinese artists, as well as temporary exhibitions of works of art at home and abroad. The content of the temporary exhibition will be changed frequently, and art exhibits from museums around the world are on display at the all from time to time. You can also find the local culture and art – shadow play on the ground floor.
The best time to visit China Art Museum is in the morning except the public holidays and the weekend.
There are several buses passing by the museum. Therefore, there are several options.
- Rent a vehicle to the museum. This is the quickest and most direct option.
- Take Bus 17, 36, 205 and Bus 733 to the Stop of Lupu Bridge Teminal.
- Take Bus 82, 734, 786, and Bus 974 to the Stop of Yaohua Road and Licheng Road (耀华路历城路站).
- Take Bus 82, 164, 177, 314, 454, 576, 734, 786, 818, 974 and Bus 978 to the Stop of Pudong South Road and Shangnan Road (浦东南路上南路站).
- Take Metro Line 7 to the Stop of Yaohua Road (耀华路站).
- Take Metro Line 8 to the Stop of China Art Museum (中华艺术宫站).
- Opening hours: 10:00 – 18:00 (Tuesday – Sunday, visitors are not allowed to enter the museum from 17:00).
- As at 8th October 2020, the admission fee for the permanent exhibitions is free; the admission to the hall of “The Riverside Scene at Qingming Festival” is 20 CNY per person. For the latest pricing information, please contact us via email (email@example.com)
- Water, cameras and handbags are allowed to take into the museum.
- Photographing is not allowed at the museum.
- It is not suggested to visit the museum at weekend or during the holidays as many tourists will visit the museum.
- Please keep quiet at the museum.
- Please take good care of your valuables.
- Please present your passport at the gate to get the free ticket.
Interested in visiting the China Art Museum during a Shanghai Tour?