Chengdu Botanical Gardens – Botanical Gardens on the outskirts of Chengdu
Last Update: 7th October 2020
What are the Chengdu Botanical Gardens?
Located 10 kilometers from downtown Chengdu, Chengdu Botanical Gardens is set in Tianhui Town (天回镇) on the northern outskirts of Chengdu. It is home to more than 200 species of rare trees at home and abroad. It is an ideal place for picnics and hiking.
Chengdu Botanical Gardens Fast Facts
- Chinese Name: Chengdu Zhiwuyuan (成都植物园)
- Area: 42 x hectares
- Things to do there: Photography, Hiking, Picnic
- Who visits: Photographers, Hikers, Botanists
- Time required: 3 – 4 x hours
Interested in visiting the Chengdu Botanical Gardens on a Chengdu Tour?
What to expect at the Chengdu Botanical Gardens
Best time to visit the Chengdu Botanical Gardens
If you are planning to visit Chengdu Botanical Gardens for photography purposes, the best time to visit is in the morning.
The best months to visit is it is from March to May and from September to November as these months are not so cold or so hot.
How to get to the Chengdu Botanical Gardens
There are several buses from downtown Chengdu to the garden. Therefore, there are several options.
- Rent a vehicle to the garden. This is the quickest and most direct option.
- Take Bus 224, Bus 25, Bus 403, Bus 650, Bus 663 and Bus 680 to the garden.
Additional Chengdu Botanical Gardens Travel Advice
- Opening hours: 07:00 – 19:00 (January 1st – May 31st); 06:30 – 20:00 (June 1st – August 31st); 07:00 – 19:00 (September 1st – December 31st).
- As at 7th October 2020, entrance pricing for the garden is 10 CNY per person; Children under 1.2m (1.2m not included) are free of charge. For the latest pricing information, please contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Interested in visiting the Chengdu Botanical Gardens on a Tour?