Butterfly Spring – spring located in the highlight area of 10 Mile Gallery
Last Update: 4th October 2020
What is Butterfly Spring?
Butterfly Spring is a cave well known for the stalactite butterfly. Its name also comes from the butterfly. One large butterfly climbs on the entrance to the cave. It has an area of around 280 square meters. The Butterfly Spring Scenic Area is a combination of the natural views and culture of ethnic minorities.
Butterfly Spring Fast Facts
- Chinese Name: Hudiequan (蝴蝶泉)
- Location: Ten-mile Gallery Scenic Area
- Things to do there: Photography, Nature, History and Culture
- Who visits: Photographers, Nature Lovers, History and Culture Lovers
- Time required: 1 – 2 x hours
Interested in visiting Butterfly Spring during a Yangshuo Tour?
What to expect at Butterfly Spring
Located 60 kilometers from Guilin, Butterfly Spring Scenic Area is composed of the Cave of Butterfly Spring, an old wooden drawbridge, waterfalls, the Viewpoint of South Heaven Gate, etc.
In the Cave of Butterfly Spring, the stalactite butterfly impresses tourists deeply. A spring flows under the butterfly. The cave is decorated with different shapes of stalactites, such as stone curtains, waterfalls. Tourists can also admire the butterfly viewing garden there. The Viewpoint of South Heaven Gate overlooks the panoramic views of the Ten-mile Gallery.
Locals in the Dong Costumes always present the amazing show at specific time. There are 6 – 8 shows there. The show lasts for 30 minutes. The show presents the wedding traditions of the Dong Ethnic Minority. Performers also invite tourists to experience the wedding. It is worth enjoying the Kam Grand Choir as well. The Dong houses are also a highlight in the area. If interested, you could purchase some Dong handicrafts.
Best time to visit Butterfly Spring
The best time to visit Butterfly Spring is in the morning.
The best months to visit are from April to October.
How to get to Butterfly Spring
Unfortunately, there is no direct bus to Butterfly Spring from Yangshuo or Guilin. The only option is to rent a vehicle to the area.
Additional Butterfly Spring Travel Advice
- Opening hours: 08:00 – 18:00
- As at 4th October 2020, the entrance pricing to the area is 55 CNY per person; children children between 1.2m tall (1.2m tall included) and 1.4m tall (1.4m tall not included) are charged 30 CNY per person; children under 1.2m tall (1.2m tall not included) are free of charge. For the latest pricing information, please contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Please wear comfortable hiking shoes.
- Please take enough drinking water and food with you.