Last Update: 23rd October 2020
Located in the Central Business District Chongqing, Bayi Food Street offers a variety of delicious snacks as well as boutique stores to explore. The road is the most popular among locals and tourists.
- Chinese Name: Bayilu Meishijie (八一路好吃街)
- Things to do there: Photography, Food, Shopping
- Who visits: Photographers, Foodies, Shopping Lovers
- Time required: 1 – 2 hours
Situated near Liberation Monument, Chongqing, Bayi Food Street is a combination of authentic local snacks, such as hot and sour rice noodles, Chongqing spicy noodles, Dandan Noodles, braised pig feet, deep-fried pork, roast duck intestine, Chinese doughnut, hot pot, etc. Most of the food is spicy.
Usually, the stores on the street are not spacious. There is no table in the store for guests to sit and enjoy the food indoor. The feeling of tasting snacks with walking is great experience as well. But there is a specified area along the street for the foodies to sit and try different snacks without hurry. The store of One Yoghurt Cattle (一只酸奶牛) is well-known for its yogurt and drinks. Liao’s Bon Bon Chicken (廖记棒棒鸡), Mountain City Glue Pudding (山城汤圆), and Ghost Crispy Meat (贵鬼酥肉) feature their own specialties to the guests to have a try.
The best time to visit Bayi Food Street is at night when it is not so hot especially in summer.
The best months to visit are from May to October.
You could take Bus 881 to the Stop of Great Wall Building and walk to the street. Alternatively, to rent a vehicle to the street is the quickest and most direct option.
- Opening hours: 10:00 – 24:00
- As at 23rd October 2020, visitors can explore the street for free.
- Please take care of your valuables on the street as it is always crowded there.