Baofeng Lake - a combination of landscape and folk customs!
What is Baofeng Lake?
Located 34 kilometers from Zhangjiajie City and 8 kilometers from Tianzi Mountain and Yellow Dragon Cave, Baofeng Lake features the natural beauty and the charm of folk customs in Wulingyuan District.
- Chinese Name: Baofenghu (宝峰湖)
- Area: 2.73 x square kilometers
- Things to do there: Photography, Hiking, Boating
- Who visits: Photographers, Hikers, Adventure enthusiasts
- Time required: 2 – 3 x Hours
Interested in visiting the Baofeng Lake during a Zhangjiajie Tour?
What to expect at Baofeng Lake
There is a Tujia building with high feet situated on the edge of the lake. Whenever there is a cruise boat passing by, one Tujia boy will sing a Tujia folk song. If you have confidence in your voice, you can also sing with him. A Tujia girl on the deck will explain the stories about those stones around the lake to us. We could imagine the stories with our brain. The islet stands quietly in the heart of Baofeng Lake.
Best time to visit Baofeng Lake
How to get to the Baofeng Lake
Bus 2 departing from Wulingyuan District ends at Baofeng Lake and passes Wulingyuan Bus Station. Therefore, visitors shall know how to get to Wulingyuan Bus Station first. There are several options for how to get to Baofeng Lake.
- Rent a vehicle from Zhangjiajie. This is the quickest and most direct option.
- Take a flight to Zhangjiajie airport from Guilin, Beijing, Chengdu, Wuhan, Xi’an and other cities. Then, rent a car to Zhangjiejie Central Bus Station (张家界中心汽车站) to take a bus to Wulingyuan Bus Station. Then, take Bus 2 to Baofeng Lake. Alternatively, rent a car from Wulingyuan Bus Station to Baofeng Lake.
- Take a train to Zhangjiajie train station from Guangzhou, Nanning, Shenzhen, Wuchang and other cities. Then, walk to the Zhangjiajie Central Bus Station to take take a bus to Wulingyuan Bus Station. Then, take Bus 2 to Baofeng Lake. Alternatively, rent a car from Wulingyuan Bus Station to Baofeng Lake.
Additional Baofeng Lake Travel Advice
- Opening hours: 07:00 – 18:00 (April 1st – October 31st); 07:30 – 17:00 (November 1st – March 31st)
- As at 6th October 2020, entrance pricing (including the admission to the lake and the ticket for the cruise boat ) is 96 CNY per person; Children under 1.3m (1.3m not included) and the elder above 70 years old (70 years old included) are free of charge; Children between 1.3m (1.3m included) and 1.5m (1.5m not included) are charged 60 CNY per person; The elder between 60 years old (60 years old included) and 70 years old (70 years old not included) are charged 60 CNY per person. For the latest pricing information, please contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Be sure not to throw rubbish into Baofeng Lake.
- Please check out weather condition ahead of time. If it is rainy during your tour, please take a coat with you to keep warm as it is a little cold in Wulingyuan District on rainy days.
- When someone wants you to buy the herbs he has in the scenic area, be sure not to get the herbs as they could be fake to a large extent.
- If you plan to visit the area in summer, you’d better take the sunscreen, floral water, sunglasses, band-aid and hats. Please remember to wear antiskid hiking shoes.
- During the National Day Festival of China, Spring Festival and the summer holiday, pricing for hotels and restaurants also goes up as they are the peak season in China