Baijia Lake - an old artificial lake located in Nanjing
With an area of more than 1.6 square kilometers, Baijia Lake is the second largest lake in the city of Nanjing. It is said that the lake was dug in the Hongwu Period (1368 – 1398) of the Ming Dynasty (1368 – 1644). Baijia means one hundred households in English, from which the name of the lake comes.
- Chinese Name: Baijiahu (百家湖)
- Area: 1.6 square kilometers
- Things to do there: Photography, Hiking, Cycling
- Who visits: Photographers, Nature Lovers
- Time required: 1 x hour
Baijia Lake is dotted with green trees. Based on the prime environment, the most exclusive hotels in Jiangning District are located around the lake. The nearby Phoenix Port Trade Center is equipped with high-end office buildings and entertainment facilities.
Best time to visit the Baijia Lake
If you’d like to visit the lake for photography purposes, the best time to visit is at night.
The best months to visit are from April to October.
How to get to the Baijia Lake
Several buses pass by the lake. Thus, there are several options.
- Rent a vehicle to the lake. This is the quickest and most direct option.
- Take Bus 792, 801, 848, 851, 852, 853, 868, 869, G70, Y30 or Bus Y36 to the Stop of Baijiahu (百家湖站). Then walk to the lake.
Additional Baijia Lake Travel Advice
- Opening hours: 24 hours
- As at 15th October 2020, tourists can visit the lake for free.