Baigongyan Park - a large natural landscape park in Chengdu
Last Update: 7th October 2020
What is Baigongyan Park?
Situated about 40 minutes drive from downtown Chengdu, Baigongyan Park is free to visit. It is an ideal place for family or friends gathering, with a lake, an island ad a designated area for picnic and barbecue.
Baigongyan Park Fast Facts
- Chinese Name: Baigongyan Gongyuan (百工堰公园)
- Area: 20 x square kilometers
- Things to do there: Photography, Hiking, Barbecue, Boating
- Who visits: Photographers, Hikers, Nature Lovers
- Time required: 5 – 6 x hours (including BBQ for lunch)
What to expect at Baigongyan Park
Best time to visit Baigongyan Park
The best time to visit Baigongyan Park is in the morning.
The best months to visit is it is from March to May and from September to November as these months are not so cold or so hot.
How to get to Baigongyan Park
There is no direct bus to Baigongyan Park from downtown Chengdu. Therefore, there are only a few options.
- Rent a vehicle to the park from Chengdu. This is the quickest and most direct option.
- Take a bus to Longquan Bus Station (龙泉汽车总站) from Chengdu. Then, transfer to Bus 805 to the Stop of Baigongyan (百工堰).
Additional Baigongyan Park Travel Advice
- Opening hours: 24 hours.
- Admission fee: free.
- It is suggested that you avoid visiting the park on the weekend as there are countless locals there.
- Please be careful when walking along the lake.