Bach Ma Temple – the existing oldest temple in Hanoi
Acclaimed as one of the oldest temple in Hanoi, Bach Ma Temple was built to commemorate a white horse. It was said that under construction, the city wall collapsed for several times. One day, the white horse directed locals the method to build the wall. Finally, the walls were completed.
Bach Ma Temple Fast Facts
- Name: Bach Ma Temple (Đền Bạch Mã)
- Location: in the Old City of Hanoi
- Things to do there: Vietnamese Culture, Photography
- Who visits: Photographers, Culture Lovers
- Time required: 1 x hour
What to expect at the Bach Ma Temple
The surrounding area is the local residence. Therefore, you could explore the neighborhood if you want to know more about the local life and culture.
Best time to visit the Bach Ma Temple
The best time to visit Bach Ma Temple is in the morning.
You could explore the temple around the year.
How to get to the Bach Ma Temple
There is no direct bus to the temple. Thus, the only but the quickest option is to rent a vehicle to the temple.
Additional Bach Ma Temple Travel Advice
- Opening hours: 07:00 – 17:00 (Monday – Thursday); 07:00 – 22:00 (Friday – Sunday)
- As at 23rd October 2020, visitors can explore the temple for free.
- Please don’t wear shorts, skirts and slippers in the museum.