B52 Lake Huu Tiep Lake – featuring the remains of a B52 Bomber from the Vietnam War
Last Update: 24th October 2020
B-52 Lake Huu Tiep Lake is the spot where the remains of a B-52 bomber has been for 50 years. The bomber applied by the American Army in the Vietnam War was shot down by the Vietnamese people in 1972.
B52 Lake Huu Tiep Lake Fast Facts
- Name: Huu Tiep Lake
- Location: Ngõ 55 – Hoàng Hoa Thám, Ngọc Hồ, Ba Đình, Hà Nội
- Things to do there: Photography, Vietnamese History
- Who visits: Photographers, History Lovers
- Time required: 30 Minutes
Some instruments of torture used in French Indochina War are in the original places in the Hoa Lo Prison (Hanoi Hilton). Originally, the French colonial government imprisoned and persecuted the Vietnamese revolutionaries.
The exhibits there demonstrates the hardship of the Vietnamese revolutionaries in the French Indochina War and how the American prisoners were tortured after being captured in Vietnam War. The instruments of torture show the cruelty of the war. The statues in the prison also let visitors imagine the hard life of the prisoners. Visitors will find the guillotine used by the French colonial government to kill the Vietnamese revolutionaries. In addition, several prisoner uniforms are well-preserved in the prison as well. It offers Vietnamese, French and English interpretations for the exhibits.
The best time to visit B-52 Lake Huu Tiep Lake is in the morning.
You could visit the lake around the year.
How to get to the B52 Lake Huu Tiep Lake
A few buses pass by the lake. Thus, there are just a few options.
- Rent a vehicle to the lake. This is the quickest and most direct option.
- Take Bus 9 to the Stop of 91-93 Lê Hồng Phong. Then, walk to the lake.
- Take Bus 32 to the Stop of Bến Xe Kim Mã – Đối Diện 168e Kim Mã. Then, walk to the lake.
- Opening hours: 24 Hours
- Tourists can visit the lake for free.
- Please wear sunglasses with you.