Anshun Bridge - offering a spectacular night view in Chengdu
Last Update: 7th October 2020
What is Anshun Bridge?
The existing Anshun Bridge was built in 2003. The old Anshun Bridge was located at the downstream of New South Gate Bridge. The old bridge was originally built in 1746 but was destroyed by a horrible flood in 1947. The new Anshun Bridge features the Ming (1368 – 1644) and Qing (1644 – 1912) style.
Anshun Bridge Fast Facts
- Chinese Name: Anshunqiao (安顺桥)
- Length:81 x meters
- Things to do there: Photography, Architecture Study, Hiking
- Who visits: Photographers, Hikers
- Time required: 0.5 – 2 hours (if enjoying a meal at the restaurant on the bridge)
What to expect at Anshun Bridge
If you are planning to visit Anshun Bridge for photography purposes, the best time to visit is in the evening.
The best months to visit is from March to May and from September to November as these months are not so cold or so hot.
Anshun Bridge is located in downtown Chengdu. Therefore, there are a few options.
- Rent a vehicle to the bridge. This is the quickest and most direct option.
- Take Bus 34 to the Stop of Jiuyanqiao North (九眼桥北站) and Bus 28 to the Stop of Ditie Xinnanmen (地铁新南门站) from the Stop of Chengdu North Train Station (火车北站公交站). Then, walk to the bridge.
- Take Bus 19 to the Stop of Wanjianglu (望江路站) , Bus 82 to the Stop of Jiuyanqiao West (九眼桥西站) from the Stop of Jinsha. Then walk to the bridge.
- Opening hours: 24 hours
- Admission fee: free
- It is suggested that you clarify the pricing for the dishes with the waiters at the restaurant on the upper deck of the bridge ahead.
- The bridge offers the most breathtaking view in the evening.