798 Art Zone - influential cultural and creative art hub in Beijing
Last Update: 21st June 2019
What is 798 Art Zone?
Located in Dashanzi District, Jiuxian Bridge, Chaoyang District, Beijing, 798 Art Zone covers an area of 60 hectares with the core area covering an area of 30 hectares. It is home to numerous cultural and artistic institutions such as galleries, design studios, art exhibition spaces, artist studios, boutiques, restaurants and bars.
798 Art Zone Fast Facts
What to expect at 798 Art Zone
Many important international art exhibitions, art events and fashion events are regularly held at 798 Art Zone, which attracts tourists at home and abroad. By the end of 2012, there were more than 500 cultural institutions, including galleries, individual studios of artists, animation, film and television media, publishing, design consulting institutions, etc.
Among them, there are many overseas organizations from more than 25 countries and regions, such as France, Italy, Britain, the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Japan, Australia, and South Korea.
The popular shops at 798 Art Zone are as follows.
- Centennial Impression Photography Gallery (百年印象摄影画廊) - Various types of pictures are on display, such as traditional and avant-garde ones.
- 798 Art Factory - It’s aimed to rent space to press conferences and clothing conferences, as well as the installations-themed exhibitions. The roof here is uniquely zigzag curved.
- Ebeecake - The creative Ebeecake is welcomed and sought after by white-collar women for its exquisite shape, pure taste and healthy concept.
- Beijing Tokyo Art Project - The first gallery at 798 Art Zone. It is mainly based on contemporary art.
- Sichuan Cuisine No. 6 (川菜6号) - It offers the authentic Sichuan food. The chefs all come from Sichuan.
- AT CAFE - The cafe offers the original style of the workshop.
- 798 Liaogezi (798料阁子) - It is owned by Mao Lizi who is an important contemporary artist in China
- Xiyuan Yaji Gallery - It focuses on the traditional Chinese paintings.
- VINCENT CAFE - A French family-style hotel which is worth visiting at the art zone
- Beijing Season Gallery - the largest professional gallery at the zone
- Exclamation Mark Art Space - It is the first gallery that promoted the gallery of Chinese contemporary ink paintings.
- And more
Best time to visit 798 Art Zone
The best time to visit 798 Art Zone is in the morning. You could visit it around all the year.
How to get to 798 Art Zone
There is no direct bus passing by 798 Art Zone. Therefore, there are only a few options.
- Rent a vehicle to 798 Art Zone. This is the quickest and most direct option.
- Take Bus 401, 402, 405, 445, 909, 946, 955, 973, 988 and Bus 991 to the Stop of Dashanzi Crossing South (大山子路口南站). Then, take Metro Line 14 to the zone
Additional 798 Art Zone Travel Advice
- Opening hours: 10:00 - 17:00
- Admission fee: free