10 Mile Gallery - one of the highlights in the Suoxiyu Scenic Area
Last Update: 6th October 2020
What is 10 Mile Gallery?
Located in Suoxiyu Scenic Area, part of Wulingyuan Scenic Area, 10 Mile Gallery is around 5 kilometers long. In fact, it is a valley with green woods, beautiful flowers along with peaks with different shape.
10 Mile Gallery Fast Facts
Interested in visiting the 10 Mile Gallery during a Zhangjiajie Tour?
Wendy Wei Tours offers a variety of different packaged tours as well as custom tours including the 10 Mile Gallery, among other attractions and destinations. To find out more, please visit our Tours page or Contact Us directly to find out more.
What to expect at 10 Mile Gallery
The 10 Mile Gallery is not the one in Yangshuo countryside across Guilin Area. It is in Zhangjiajie. Some 200 peaks with different shapes stand along the valley - 10 Mile Gallery. The main spots along the valley includes Zhuangelou Peak which looks like a pagoda in the distance, Shouxing Yingbin Peak which looks like a kind elder who welcome visitors, Menghu Xiaotian Peak which resembles a tiger which is howling to the sky.
The Caiyao Laoren Peak which resembles an elder with a pack basket filled with herbs on the back, Xiannv Bai Guanyin Peaks which look like that 19 fairy maidens worship for the peace and health for the people to Avalokiteshvara, Three Sisters Peaks, Couple Hug Their Kid Peaks - one shorter peak stands between two taller peaks and the tree peaks connected with one another and Monkeys Slope with strange stones where monkeys love playing.
Best time to visit 10 Mile Gallery
If you are planning to visit 10 Mile Gallery for photography purposes, you can visit it around the year as it presents different stunning views in 4 seasons. Generally speaking, it is recommended that you visit it in April, May, September and October for the four months are not too hot or too cold.
How to get to 10 Mile Gallery
10 Mile Gallery is located in Wulingyuan Scenic Area in Zhangjiajie. It is nearest to Wulingyuan Ticket Station. After entering the station, take the shuttle bus to the Stop of 10 Mile Gallery. Therefore, you shall know how to get to Wulingyuan Ticket Station first. Therefore, there are several options.
- Rent a car from Zhangjiajie airport, Zhangjiajie Train Station or Zhangjiajie Bus Station to the Wulingyuan Ticket Station. This is the quickest and most direct option.
- Take a flight to Zhangjiajie airport from Guilin, Beijing, Chengdu, Wuhan, Xi’an and other cities. Then, rent a car to Zhangjiejie Central Bus Station to take the shuttle bus to Wulingyuan Bus Station. At last, walk up to Wulingyuan Ticket Station. It takes around 15 minutes walk.
- Take a train to Zhangjiajie train station from Guangzhou, Nanning, Shenzhen, Wuchang and other cities. Then, walk to the Zhangjiajie Central Bus Station to take the shuttle bus to Wulingyuan Bus Station. At last, walk up to Wulingyuan Ticket Station. It takes around 15 minutes walk
Additional 10 Mile Gallery Travel Advice
- Opening hours: 08:00 - 17:00
- As 10 Mile Gallery is part of Wulingyuan Scenic Area which is composed of Zhangjiajie National Forest Park, Suoxi Vally Nature Reserve, Tianzishan Mountain Nature Reserve, and Yangjiajie Scenic Area, visitors can enter the Tianzi Mountain Area from Tianzi Mountain Ticket Station with the pass ticket for Wulingyuan Scenic Area. The pass ticket is valid in four days from the date when you get it ( For example, if the ticket is issued at 13:00 on Monday 9th July, 2018, the ticket is valid by 13:00 on Friday 13th July, 2018). You could take a complimentary eco-friendly car with the pass ticket. With the pass ticket, you can visit all the four scenic areas mentioned above and can enter the Wulingyuan from one of five entrances at the five ticket stations.
- As at 6th October 2020, admission fee which is applied between March 1st and November 30th plus the Spring Festival is as follows. Admission fee to Wulingyuan Area is 248 CNY per adult (including the insurance); Children under 1.3m (1.3m not included) and the elders above 70 years old (70 years old included) are free of charge whilst these people are charged 68 CNY per person for the eco-friendly car(including insurance); Children between 1.3m (1.3m included) and 1.5m (1.5m not included) are charged 163 CNY per person(including insurance); The elder between 60 years old (60 years old included) and 70 years old ( 70 years old not included) are charged 168 CNY per person (including insurance)
- As at 6th October 2020, admission fee which is applied between December 1st and February 28th/29th is as follows. Admission fee to Wulingyuan Area is 126 CNY per adult (including the insurance). Notes: The area can be closed because of the snow in winter.
- As at 6th October 2020, admission fee to Sightseeing Tram of Ten-Mile Gallery is 38 CNY per adult for one-way trip; admission fee to Sightseeing Tram of Ten-Mile Gallery is 76 CNY per adult for round trip; Children under 1.2m (1.2m not included) are free of charge; Children between 1.2m (1.2m included) and 1.5m (1.5m not included) are charged 24 CNY per person for one-way trip; The elder above 60 years old (60 years old included) are charged 24 CNY per person for one-way trip. The round trip takes about 30 minutes along 10 Mile Gallery.
- If you enjoy hiking, it takes around 1.5 hours to hike from/to 10 Mile Gallery. Please note that the trail along the valley is one-way trail.
- For the latest pricing information, please contact us via email (email@example.com)
- It is recommended that you take an umbrella with you when visiting the Wulingyuan Scenic Area in Zhangjiajie.
- Be sure not to hike to 10 Mile Gallery from Tianzi Mountain. It will be exhausting.
- Please remember not to take any food in your hand in case that you are hurt by the wild monkeys on the path. If they are interested in your food, they will catch it from your hand.
- If you plan to visit the area in summer, you’d better take the sunscreen, floral water, sunglasses, band-aid and hats. Please remember to wear antiskid hiking shoes.
- During the National Day Festival of China, Spring Festival and the summer holiday, pricing for hotels and restaurants also goes up as they are the peak season in China.
- The ticket offices of most scenic spots offer luggage storage service.
- Be sure not to explore the areas marked with "No Passing" and "Dangerous" .
- The mountain road is wet and slippery in rainy days. In addition, rain and fog can also lead to unclear sight. Thus, it is not suggested that you risk climbing the mountain in the rain